Last year we managed to complete 52 unique dates, which meant every week was something different. Even though we did complete our goal, it may have been too ambitious goal and stressed us both out at times to find something completely new every week. This year, we still want to keep things interesting and not always default to our standard dinner and a movie or a movie night at home, but we realized having some repeat dates are perfectly fine too! No need to be stressin’ out.
I’ve been seeing alphabet dating quite a bit, so we decided to give it a shot too! Some people go in order from A to Z, but we’re going to give ourselves the freedom to go randomly. We also gave ourselves three choices for each letter.
A-Z ALPHABET DATING:
- A – Arcade, Archery ✔, Animals ✔, Aquarium, Art Gallery ✔
- B – Bar Crawl ✔, Boat Ride, Bowling, Bookstore, Botanical Garden, Breakfast, Brewery ✔, Broadway, Brunch ✔
- C – Cabaret, Camping ✔, Carnival, Circus ✔, Classes, Coloring ✔, Comedy ✔, Concert, Cruise ✔
- D – Desserts Only ✔, Dinner ✔, Dinner Theater ✔, Donuts ✔, Drive-in Theater ✔, Driving Range
- E – Early Bird Specials, Eatery, Eight Ball, Exercise, Exotic Eats ✔
- F – Farmer’s Market ✔, Ferris Wheel ✔, Festival ✔, Fishing ✔, Food Tour ✔, Football
- G – Game Night, Garage Sales, Ghost Tour, Glamping ✔, Go Karts
- H – Happy Hour, Helicopter ✔, Hiking ✔, Horseback Riding, Humanitarian
- I – Ice Cream ✔, Ice Skating, Ikea ✔
- J – Jazz, Jet skiing ✔, Jigsaw Puzzle, Junk Food,
- K – Karaoke ✔, Kayaking ✔, Kite Flying,
- L – Lessons, Lightshow, Live Taping ✔, Lunch ✔
- M – Massage, Medieval Festival, Mini Golf, Movies ✔, Museum ✔, Musical ✔
- N – Netflix ✔, NFL, Night Market
- O – Observatory, Ocean, Opera, Outdoors ✔
- P – Park, Party, Picnic, Pinterest – Make Your Own DIY ✔, Play, Pub ✔, Putt-Putt,
- Q – Quadruple Date, Quarters, Quilt, Quirky, Quickie ;)
- R – Random Act of Kindness, Road Trip, Rock Climb, Roller Coasters ✔, Roller Skating, RV ✔
- S – Scavenger Hunt ✔, Sea, Staycation, Stargazing ✔, Shooting Range, Shopping, Show ✔, Spa, Surfing ✔, Sunset
- T – Tacos ✔, Tailgate, Target ✔, Tattoos ✔, Test Drive, Theme Park ✔, Trivia, Trampoline Park, Twinning
- U – Underground, Underwater ✔, University
- V – Vacation, Vineyard, Volunteer
- W – Walking Tour, Whale Watching ✔, Whisky Tasting, Wine Tasting
- X – Xbox, Xplore, Xhibit, Xtreme Sports ✔
- Y – Yacht, Yard Sale, Yelp a random restaurant, Yoga, YouTube, Yelp
- Z – Zipline, Zombies (ie Walking Dead Tour ✔), Zoo ✔
No matter how busy or crazy life gets, Jacob and I have been challenging ourselves to make time for our marriage. Would love for you to join us and try it for yourselves this year! :)
When’s the last time you made dating a priority?
Can you think of some dates starting with the letter E, Q, X? Those were the tough ones!
Would you enjoy a challenge like this?