Are the US National Parks on your bucket list? Here is a complete list of national parks by state.
We’ve given ourselves a photography challenge in all 50 states, but we also hope to spend enough time exploring every national park in the US. Though at one point in time, my friends called me indoorsy, we have both grown to appreciate the outdoors. The mountains are always calling us.
Eventually, we’ll put together in-depth guides for all these parks. Meanwhile, we linked the ones we wrote guides about. If you want to see them in alphabetical order, go here.
Before we get into it, can you guess which state has the most national parks? Also, see which of these popular national parks require reservations to get in.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: August 25, 2023
List of National Parks by State
COMPLETED / COMING SOON / ON OUR BUCKET LIST
- Hot Springs
- Indiana Dunes
- Mammoth Cave
- Isle Royale
- New River Gorge National Park
- American Samoa
US Virgin Islands
- Virgin Islands
Map of US National Parks
- California has the most National Parks, followed by Alaska and then Utah.
- Save money by getting the America the Beautiful Annual Pass if you visit more than one National Park within one year. This is good for 400+ National Park units, Forest Service, BLM, and more. It is not accepted at state parks.
- Free days at the national park: Birthday of MLK Jr (Jan), First day of National Park Week (Apr), National Park Service Birthday (Aug 25), National Public Lands Day (Sept), Veterans Day (Nov)
- If you visit on other dates, know those entrance fees support the parks.
- Collect stamps in your very own passport.
- Don’t live near one of the 63? See the full list of 400+ United States National Park Units! How many of these have you visited?
Which of these parks have you been to? Which are on the top of your list?
SEE MORE NATIONAL PARK GUIDES
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.