We want to keep this blog authentic and a reliable resource. It is our promise to be 100% transparent and disclose how we make our living off of Local Adventurer.
This is a for-profit blog and contains occasional affiliate links where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. These links are always disclosed, and this helps us to continue improving our content and keep this site running.
Our affiliate relationships do not affect our opinions and we only feature products that we already own or genuinely would recommend! Authenticity is very important to us, which is why we’ve turned down many brand deals and have sent back products that were not a good fit for us and our readers. Here is a comprehensive list of the brands that we are proud and fortunate to have as partners and sponsors.
Thank you for supporting Local Adventurer and the brands that make this possible
Local Adventurer also partners with several non-profits and folks who are doing amazing things in the community and the world. By reading our blog or making a purchase using any of our affiliate links, you are helping support:
- Thirst Project – Did you know $25 can provide one person clean drinking water for life? So far with your help, Local Adventurer has built 4 wells with Thirst Project. You can also donate on your own, start your own fundraising project, or learn more about how you can help here. Seth and the amazing folks at Thirst Project inspire us live more generously every day.
- Presencia – a neighborhood-based tutoring, mentoring and leadership development program in Atlanta’s immigrant community. We have watched our friends, Ian and Ruthie, work tirelessly for over a decade to be a second mom and dad to these kids. We’ve also watched these kids grow up and become leaders in their community. You can read more about a recent trip we took with them.
- Furkids – the largest cage-free no-kill shelter in the Southeast. Our two cats are from here and we’ve always admired Sam and all the volunteers and how much love they have for all the animals.
Our goal is that 50% of our profits will go to giving back. We’re not quite there yet, but maybe in 1-2 years!
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on this site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, or when you subscribe to a newsletter, leave a comment, or enter information on this site.
How do we use your information?
We use this information to better serve you in the following ways
- To personalize your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding updates on the site or other products and services that might interest you.
How do we protect visitor information?
We will never sell or trade your information, and if at any time you want to unsubscribe from any email communication, you can do so by using the link at the bottom of each email.
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning.
No personal information is stored on the site or its backend at any time.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- help remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- help understand and save your preferences for future visits based on previous or current site activity
- help compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf like Google Analytics.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You can modify your cookies through your browser settings.
If you disable cookies in your browser, some features that make this site experience more efficient may not function properly.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Mediavine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.
The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to Mediavine. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. You may also visit http://optout.aboutads.info/#/ and http://optout.networkadvertising.org/# to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at http://www.aboutads.info/appchoices to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
Mediavine partners with the following data processors:
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal identifiable information to outside parties unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. Local Adventurer, therefore, has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of this site and welcome any feedback about these sites.