At one point in time, my friends called me indoorsy, but now we have both grown to appreciate the outdoors. The mountains are always calling us.
We’ve given ourselves a personal challenge to visit every national park in the US, and though we’ve covered a lot of ground, we have so much left to explore.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: June 30, 2020
List of National Parks in Alphabetical Order
Eventually, we’ll put together in-depth guides for all these parks, meanwhile, here are the ones we’ve posted about (linked in blue). If you want to see them by state, go here.
- Dry Tortugas National Park, FL
- Everglades National Park, FL
- Gates of the Arctic National Park, AK
- Gateway Arch National Park, MO
- Glacier National Park, MT
- Glacier Bay National Park, AK
- Grand Canyon National Park, AZ
- Grand Teton National Park, WY
- Great Basin National Park, NV
- Great Sand Dunes National Park, CO
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, TN + NC
- Guadalupe Mountains National Park, TX
- Haleakala National Park, HI
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, HI
- Hot Springs National Park, AK
- Indiana Dunes National Park, IN
- Isle Royale National Park, MI
- Joshua Tree National Park, CA
- Katmai National Park and Preserve, AK
- Kenai Fjords National Park, AK
- Kings Canyon National Park, CA
- Kobuk Valley National Park, AK
- Lake Clark National Park, AK
- Lassen Volcanic National Park, CA
- Mammoth Cave National Park, KY
- Mesa Verde National Park, CO
- Mount Rainier National Park, WA
- National Park of American Samoa
- North Cascades National Park, WA
- Olympic National Park, WA
- Petrified Forest National Park, AZ
- Pinnacles National Park, CA
- Redwood National Park, CA
- Rocky Mountain National Park, CO
- Saguaro National Park, AZ
- Sequoia National Park, CA
- Shenandoah National Park, VA
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, ND
- Virgin Islands National Park
- Voyageurs National Park, MN
- White Sands National Park, NM
- Wind Cave National Park, SD
- Wrangell-St. Elias National Park and Preserve, AK
- Yellowstone National Park, WY + MT + ID
- Yosemite National Park, CA
- Zion National Park, UT
Map of US National Parks
- These are the dates when you can visit the National Parks for free in 2019 – Jan 21 (MLK), Apr 20 (National Park Week), Aug 25 (NPS Bday), Sept 28 (National Public Lands Day), Nov 11 (Veterans Day).
- If you are visiting any other dates, just know that entrance fees go towards supporting the parks.
- Save money by getting the America the Beautiful Annual Pass if you plan on visiting more than one National Park within one year. This is good for any of the 400+ National Park units, Forest Service, BLM, and more. It is not accepted at state parks.
Don’t live near one of the 61? Go see the full list of 400+ United States National Park Units!
How many of these US national parks have you visited?
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
SEE MORE NATIONAL PARK GUIDES
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, which is one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found both near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.