Visiting Las Vegas in October?
Las Vegas is in full swing and our favorite season is here. The weather is finally getting cooler, so we’ll spend more time outdoors. On top of that, there are plenty of shows and events in town.
These are all the October-only events limited to a few months, but if you want things to do available year-round, check out our ultimate Vegas bucket list, bucket list experiences, best outdoor activities, and indoor activities.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: September 12, 2023
- Las Vegas Weather in October
- Concerts in Las Vegas October
- Conferences & Conventions
- Fall + Halloween in Las Vegas
- Pumpkin Patches in Las Vegas
- Trick or Treating
- What to Eat in Las Vegas in October
- Essential Tips for First-Timers
- Best Places to Stay in Las Vegas
- Planning Checklist
- More Resources
Weather in Las Vegas in October – How Hot is Vegas in October?
- Average Temp in Las Vegas in August: high of 83° F, low of 46° F
- Rainfall: 0.3 inches
- Humidity: 29%
October is when it’s finally fall-ish (not that we need sweaters)! We get some cooler days in September, but it’s much more consistent in October. That said, don’t be surprised if you find yourself in a heatwave in October.
This month will also bring you better hotel deals as long as you avoid any large events or conferences.
Are Vegas pools open in October?
The pool season generally goes from March to October, although some hotel pools stay open year-round (Caesars, Wynn, Aria, and Bellagio). As locals, though, we don’t get in our pool unless it’s been over 100 degrees for several days. Yes, we do get used to the hot weather, and now everywhere else is cold.
October Vegas Shows and Concerts
October 1: Goose, Brooklyn Bowl
October 1: Shakey Graves, Virgin Hotels
October 1-5: Lady Gaga, Park MGM
October 1: Get the Led Out – Tribute Band, Brooklyn Bowl
October 2: Boys Like Girls, House of Blues
October 2-5: Human Nature Back to the Sound of Motown, South Point
October 3: Nothing But Thieves, House of Blues
October 4: The Postal Service & Death Cab for Cutie, Virgin Hotels
October 4: The Gaslight Anthem, Brooklyn Bowl
October 4-7: Tesla, House of Blues
October 5: Parkway Drive, Virgin Hotels
October 5: The Church, Brooklyn Bowl
October 5: Brett Young, Red Rock Casino
October 5-10: Kool & The Gang, Westgate
October 5-28: U2, MSG Sphere
October 6: Kenny Loggins, Palms
October 6: Owl City, Brooklyn Bowl
October 6: Foghat, Golden Nugget
October 6-7: Anita Baker, Park MGM
October 6-8: ABBACADABRA The Ultimate Abba Tribute, South Point
October 6-14: Katy Perry, Resorts World
October 6-14: Jackson Browne, The Venetian
October 6-28: Adele, Caesars Palace
October 6-31: Postcard from Earth, MSG Sphere
October 7: Joji & Kenny Beats, Mandalay Bay
October 7: Intocalble, Virgin Hotels
October 7: Lupita D’Alessio, Palms
October 7: Keiko Matsui, The Smith Center
October 7: Pink, Brandi Carlile, & Grouplove, Allegiant Stadium
October 7: Jeffrey Osborne, Cannery Casino
October 7: The Hold Steady, Brooklyn Bowl
October 7: Suicideboys, Ghostmane, & City Morgue, Thomas & Mack Center
October 8: Babymetal & Dethklok, Palms
October 8: Charlie Berens, Virgin Hotels
October 8: The Darkness, Brooklyn Bowl
October 9: Bad Omens, Virgin Hotels
October 10: Alice in Chains, Planet Hollywood
October 10-12: The Bronx Wanderers, South Point
October 10-15: Ain’t Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations, The Smith Center
October 11: Dean Lewis, House of Blues
October 11-21: Lionel Richie, Wynn
October 11-28: Usher, Park MGM
October 12: Cheap Trick, Palms
October 12: M83, Virgin Hotels
October 12: Half Alive, Brooklyn Bowl
October 12: Adekunle Gold, House of Blues
October 12-21: Barry Manilow, Westgate
October 13: Jake Hill, Virgin Hotels
October 13: Grand Funk Railroad, Golden Nugget
October 13: Romeo Santos, T-Mobile Arena
October 13: Desi Banks, House of Blues
October 13: Shinedown, Papa Roach, & Spiritbox, MGM Grand
October 13: Ryan Adams & The Cardinals, The Cosmopolitan
October 13-14: Yachtley Crew, Palms
October 13-15: What a Foold Believes – A Doobie Brothers Experience, South Point
October 14: Christian Nodal, Mandalay Bay
October 14: Marc Rebillet, Brooklyn Bowl
October 14: Nightmare On Q Street: Ice Cube, E-40, & Warren G, The Orleans
October 14: The Beach Boys, Sunset Station
October 14: Myke Towers, The Cosmopolitan
October 14: MC Magic, Baby Bash, & Lil Rob, House of Blues
October 14: The Psychedelic Furs & Squeeze, Palms
October 14: The Wallflowers, The Strat
October 15: Porno for Pyros, House of Blues
October 15: Nickel Creek, Brooklyn Bowl
October 17: Max & Iggor Cavalera, House of Blues
October 17: Frankie Moreno, The Smith Center
October 17-19: The Righteous Brothers – Bill Medley & Bucky Heard, South Point
October 19: Fit For a King & The Devil Wears Prada, House of Blues
October 20: The GUess Who, Golden Nugget
October 20: Marauda, Downtown Las Vegas
October 20-22: Gary Lewis & THe Playboys, South Point
October 20-28: Earth, Wind, and Fire, The Venetian
October 20-28: Billy Idol, The Cosmopolitan
October 21: Wu-Tang Clan & Nas, MGM Grand
October 21: Fuerza Regida, Mandalay Bay
October 21: Jordan Davis, Virgin Hotels
October 21: Lee Ritenour, The Smith Center
October 21: Eladio Carrion, House of Blues
October 25: Arizona – Band, House of Blues
October 25: Sugar Skull! A Dia De Los Muertos Musical Adventure, The Smith Center
October 26: Yacht Rock Revue, House of Blues
October 26: Lil Yachty, Brooklyn Bowl
October 26-27: Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, Westgate
October 27: Jonas Brothers, MGM Grand
October 27: Tommy James and The Shondells, Golden Nugget
October 27: Tech N9ne & Hollywood Undead, Virgin Hotels
October 27: Jake Owen, Red Rock Casino
October 27: Straight No Chaser, The Smith Center
October 27-28: The Cult, Palms
October 27-28: Oleta Adams, The Smith Center
October 27-28: Lucha VaVoom: 7 Deadly Sins, House of Blues
October 27-29: Donny Edwards The Next Best Thing to the King, South Point
October 28: Jonas Brothers, MGM Grand
October 28: Marc Rebillet, Brooklyn Bowl
October 28: SZA, T-Mobile Arena
October 28: Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper, Planet Hollywood
October 28: Sawyer Brown, Westgate
October 28: Fastball, Fremont Street Experience
October 28: Special EFX Allstars, Santa Fe Station
October 28: Gin Blossoms, Fremont Street Experience
October 28: Boney James, The Smith Center
October 6-7: RiSE Festival
October 6-8: Reggae Rise Up, Downtown Las Vegas
October 7: Las Vegas Pride
October 21-22: When We Were Young Festival: Green Day & Blink 182, Las Vegas Festival Grounds
October 6: Kathy Griffin, The Mirage
October 6-7: Sebastian Maniscalco, Wynn
October 7: Lewis Black, The Mirage
October 19-21: Kevin James, The Mirage
October 22: Jeff Dunham, Planet Hollywood
October 27-28: Theo Von, Resorts World
October 27-28: Iliza Shlesinger, Wynn
October 27-28: Daniel Tosh, The Mirage
October 3: Vegas Golden Knights vs San Jose Sharks, T-Mobile Arena
October 5: Vegas Golden Knights vs Colorado Avalanche, T-Mobile Arena
October 9: NBA Preseason: Los Angeles Lakers vs Brooklyn Nets, T-Mobile Arena
October 9: Las Vegas Raiders vs Green Bay Packers, Allegiant Stadium
October 10: Vegas Golden Knights vs Seattle Kraken, T-Mobile Arena
October 14: Vegas Golden Knights vs Anaheim Ducks, T-Mobile Arena
October 14: NASCAR Xfinity Series, Las Vegas Motor Speedway
October 15: NASCAR Cup Series, Las Vegas Motor Speedway
October 15: Las Vegas Raiders vs New England Patriots, Allegiant Stadium
October 17: Vegas Golden Knights vs Dallas Stars, T-Mobile Arena
October 19: PBR Challenger Series, South Point
October 20-22: PBR Team Series Championship, T-Mobile Arena
October 24: Vegas Golden Knights vs Philadelphia Flyers, T-Mobile Arena
October 26-29: NHRA Nevada Nationals, Las Vegas Motor Speedway
October 27: Vegas Golden Knights vs Chicago Blackhawks, T-Mobile Arena
October 30: Vegas Golden Knights vs Montreal Canadiens, T-Mobile Arena
Conventions in Las Vegas in October
September 29 – October 1: Africa-America Wealth Conference, Sahara
September 29 – October 1: NFTXLV 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 1-5: AFL-CIO Staff Training, The LINQ
October 2-5: EXPCON, Mandalay Bay
October 4-7: Las Vegas Souvenir & Resort Gift Show, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 8-10: HLTH 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 9-12: G2E: Global Gaming Expo, The Venetian
October 9-11: International Fastener Expo 2023, Mandalay Bay
October 10-12: Mass Torts Made Perfect Seminar, Bellagio
October 10-13: HR Tech Conference & Exposition, Mandalay Bay
October 12-14: Advanced Breast Imaging, Wynn
October 14-15: Midwest Arms Collector Gun & Knife Show, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 15-18: Thread Technology Conference, The Mirage
October 16-19: Suiteworld 2023, Caesars
October 17-18: Deliver Con, Virgin Hotels
October 17-19: Digital Dealer Conference & Expo, The Mirage
October 17-19: IMEX America, Mandalay Bay
October 17-19: National Business Aviation Association, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 18-20: Metalcon 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 18-20: Stoller: A Comprehensive Tutorial in Musculosketletal Imaging Using the Stoller Checklist, Wynn
October 18-21: ISODP Organ Donation Congress, Mandalay Bay
October 20-22: Twitchcon 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
October 23-27: FI North America, Mandalay Bay
October 26-27: Supplyside West Trade Show, Mandalay Bay
October 26-29: CSICON, Flamingo
Fall + Halloween in Las Vegas
September 30, October 1-2, 7-9, 14-16, 20-23, 27-31: Vegas Fright Nights, Opportunity Village
October (Fri-Sat): Halloween Parade of Mischief, Downtown Summerlin
October 1-31: Undead Haunted Maze, Cosmic Pumpkin Patch
October 1, 5-8, 12-15, 19-22, 26-31: Asylum and Hotel Fear, Meadows Mall
October 6-8, 13-15, 20-31: HallOVeen, Opportunity Village
October 19-22: Haunted Harvest, Springs Preserve
October 29-31: Halloween Party, LINQ Promenade
October TBA: Monster Mash, Sam’s Town
October TBA: Hallow Harvest Festival, Bob Price Recreation Center
October TBA: Haunted in the Desert, Whitney Ranch Recreation Center
October TBA: HalloWeekend, Fremont Street Experience
October TBA: Hallow Reef, Shark Reef Aquarium
October TBA: Halloween Ghost Walk, The District at Green Valley Ranch
October TBA: Trick-or-Treat at Town SCARY Halloween, Town Square
October TBA: Halloween Harvest, Boulder Station
October TBA: Sin City Halloween Ball, Virgin Hotels
Here are some year-round shows and activities but they’re great for the spooky Halloween season:
Other haunted places:
Pumpkin Patches in Las Vegas
- Halloween Town – There are 3 locations: Boca Park Opens Oct 1, Silverado Opens Oct 7, and Southwest Opens Oct 14. There are carnival games, rides, pumpkins, and food.
- Gilcrease Orchard – Their u-pick pumpkin patches are open and they have extended hours as well! On top of that, you can get donuts and apple cider.
- Cosmic Pumpkin Patch – A pumpkin patch that immerses you in a cosmic atmosphere where pumpkins come alive with a touch of magic. Will have a pumpkin patch, carnival rides and games, bounces, and the Undead Maze.
- Moapa Valley Cornmaze and Pumpkin Patch – If you’re looking for more of an outing, you can head to Moapa Valley which is an hour away. They have a corn maze (day and night), corn cannon, cow train, swings, fire pits, hay rides, petting zoo, pig races, and of course, pumpkins.
- McKee Ranch – They have a western themed pumpkin patch and a bunch of animals, including horses, pigs, sheep, donkeys, goats, chickens, and rabbit.
- Staheli Family Farm – Check out a pumpkin patch, corn maze, and Field of Screams.
Trick or Treating
- October TBA: Tricks and Treats, AREA15
- October TBA: Trunk or Treat, The Atomic Museum (3-6 PM)
- October TBA: Hallow Reef, Shark Reef Aquarium
- October TBA: Halloween Safe Night, Pearson Community Center
- October TBA: Ward 6 Halloween Spooktacular Trunk or Treat, Centennial Hills Community Center
- October TBA: Halloween Ghost Walk, The District at Green Valley Ranch
- October TBA: Trick-or-Treat at Town SCARY Halloween, Town Square
What to Eat in Las Vegas in October
Whether you’re looking for fruits and vegetables at the farmer’s market or you want to eat farm to table, this is what you will find in season in Las Vegas (zone 9a).
- Fruits in season – apples, cantaloupe, figs, melons, pears, pomegranates, rhubarb, strawberries, watermelon.
- Vegetables in season – Artichoke, basil, beets, carrots, collard greens, corn, cucumber, eggplant, gourds, green beans, green onions, hot peppers, lettuce, okra, onions, pumpkins, radish, salad greens, summer squash, sunchokes, sweet corn, sweet peppers, sweet potato, swiss chard, tomatoes, turnips, winter squash, zucchini.
The Best Farm to Table Restaurants in Las Vegas
Here are some of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Las Vegas to check out:
- Sparrow + Wolf, Chinatown (New American, 💰💰💰)
- Honey Salt, Westside (New American, 💰💰)
- Carson Kitchen, Downtown (New American, 💰💰)
- CRAFTkitchen, Anthem (New American, 💰💰)
- The Black Sheep, Southwest (New American / Vietnamese, 💰💰)
- Yardbird, The Strip (Southern / New American, 💰💰)
- True Food Kitchen, The Strip (Vegan / New American, 💰💰)
- Kitchen Table, Henderson (Breakfast & Brunch, 💰💰)
Tips for Visiting Las Vegas in October
- Buy tickets early since popular shows and events sell out.
- Save money by getting an All-Inclusive or Explorer Pass if you plan on visiting multiple attractions.
- Read all the fine print before heading to a show or event since some don’t allow cameras and others don’t allow bags.
- Bring layers because it’s still warm during the day but will be cool at night. Also, inside the casinos, they are always pumping the AC.
- Sunscreen is important if you’ll be outside since it’s mostly exposed.
- Arrive early. It takes longer than anticipated to get from one spot part of the strip to another. Give yourself plenty of time to find your way around. Casinos are meant to be a maze.
- Want to know what to wear to the airport? These are our ideal airport outfits.
Best Places to Stay in Las Vegas
Is October a Good Time to Visit Las Vegas?
If you’re mostly going to be indoors on the Strip, visit any time of the year since the temperature won’t matter.
For outdoor activities like hiking and climbing, you should visit between November and March. But if you’re here for the pool parties and lake life, this is the time!
In our opinion, we like leaving Vegas during July and August, but you do you!
Do any of these things to do in Las Vegas in October interest you? Let us know if we missed anything!
If you’re holding an event and would like to be added, please email us at hello [at] localadventurer.com.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
SEE MORE LAS VEGAS GUIDES
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.