Visiting Las Vegas this month? These are the best things to do in Vegas in January.
The best part about Las Vegas in January is that it’s a quieter month after the busyness of the holidays. To help you plan your time here, we’ve put together a monthly guide of all the happenings in January and organized them by date and category.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: December 19, 2021
Weather in Las Vegas in January
- Average Temp in Las Vegas in January: high of 59° F, low of 28° F
- Rainfall: 0.6 inches
- Humidity: 31%
Believe it or not, the weather can get cold in Las Vegas, although not nearly as cold in the northeast. But if you’re from SoCal, you may want to pack many many layers.
It’s send temps for climbers, and people from all over the world come to climb at Red Rock.
Hotel rates are typically lower as long as you avoid the big shows like CES and AVN.
January Las Vegas Shows and Concerts
January 1: Usher, Caesars Palace
January 1: The Go-Go’s, The Venetian
January 1-2: America’s Got Talent Live, Luxor
January 1, 5, 7: David Lee Roth, House of Blues
January 1, 7-8, 12, 14, 15: Katy Perry, Resorts World
January 1, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 29: Kiss, Planet Hollywood CANCELED
January 6-9: Disney On Ice: Dream Big, Thomas & Mack Center
January 14: The Cowsills, Golden Nugget
January 14-15: The Fab Tour – The Ultimate Tribute, The Orleans
January 15: Ladies of the 80s: Dale Bozzio, Annabella Lwin, Josie Cotton, & Stacey Q, House of Blues
January 16: Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons, The Smith Center
January 21: David Foster, Wynn
January 21, 22, 28, 29: Weekends with Adele, Caesars Palace
January 22: An Evening with Brian McKnight, Wynn
January 22: TOOL, T-Mobile Arena
January 22: Patti LuPone, The Smith Center
January 26: The Marias, Brooklyn Bowl
January 26-29: Lionel Richie, Wynn
January 26-30: Santana, House of Blues
January 27: Steven Vai, House of Blues
January 28: Starship ft Mickey Thomas, Golden Nugget
January 28: El Did Nacional de la Banda, T-Mobile Arena
January 28-29: Styx & Nancy Wilson, The Venetian
January 29: Calibash Las Vegas, T-Mobile Arena
January 29: Circa Survive, Brooklyn Bowl
Conventions in Las Vegas in January
January 5-8: CES Las Vegas, Las Vegas Convention Center
January 18-20: World of Concrete, Las Vegas Convention Center
January 18-21: SHOT Show Las Vegas, The Venetian Expo
January 19: GayVN Awards, Virgin Hotels
January 23: AVN Awards, Virgin Hotels
January 23-27: 2022 Winter Las Vegas Market, World Market Center
January 1: Henderson Silver Knights vs Bakersfield Condors, The Orleans
January 2: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Winnipeg Jets, T-Mobile Arena
January 4: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Nashville Predators, T-Mobile Arena
January 5: Henderson Silver Knights vs San Diego Gulls, The Orleans
January 6: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs New York Rangers, T-Mobile Arena
January 8: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Chicago Blackhawks, T-Mobile Arena
January 9: Las Vegas Raiders vs Los Angeles Chargers, Allegiant Stadium
January 11: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Toronto Maple Leafs, T-Mobile Arena
January 12: Henderson Silver Knights vs Stockton Heat, The Orleans
January 15: Henderson Silver Knights vs Ontario Reign, The Orleans
January 17: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Pittsburgh Penguins, T-Mobile Arena
January 20: Las Vegas Golden Knights vs Montreal Canadiens, T-Mobile Arena
January 28: Henderson Silver Knights vs Colorado Eagles, The Orleans
January 29: Henderson Silver Knights vs Colorado Eagles, The Orleans
What to Eat in Las Vegas in January
Whether you’re looking for fruits and vegetables at the farmer’s market or you want to eat farm to table, this is what you will find in season in Las Vegas (zone 9a).
- Fruits in season – pomegranates
- Vegetables in season – carrots, kale, leeks, lettuce, parsnips, salad greens, spinach
The Best Farm to Table Restaurants in Las Vegas
Here are the best farm-to-table restaurants in Las Vegas to check out:
- Sparrow + Wolf, Chinatown (New American, 💰💰💰)
- Honey Salt, Westside (New American, 💰💰)
- Carson Kitchen, Downtown (New American, 💰💰)
- CRAFTkitchen, Anthem (New American, 💰💰)
- The Black Sheep, Southwest (New American / Vietnamese, 💰💰)
- Yardbird, The Strip (Southern / New American, 💰💰)
- True Food Kitchen, The Strip (Vegan / New American, 💰💰)
- Kitchen Table, Henderson (Breakfast & Brunch, 💰💰)
Tips for Visiting Las Vegas in January
- Shows and conferences can sell out quickly! Get tickets as soon as you know you want to go.
- Some shows don’t allow you to bring certain items in. Read all the fine print before heading there.
- Save money with the All-Inclusive or Explorer Pass if you plan on visiting multiple attractions.
- Bring layers – layers are important for visiting Las Vegas in January. As a local, I’m completely bundled up all month because I’m soft now.
- Even though it’s cold, sunscreen is important, especially if you’re doing outdoor activities.
- The sun sets early in January (around 4:30-5 PM), so plan your days around it if you want sunlight.
- Arrive early to events and meals. It takes longer than you think to get from one spot on the strip to another.
- Want to know what to wear to the airport? These are our ideal airport outfits and our carry on essentials for every flight.
Best Places to Stay in Las Vegas
Do any of these things to do in Vegas in January interest you? Let us know if we missed anything!
If you’re holding an event and would like to be added, please email us at hello [at] localadventurer.com.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
See More About Las Vegas
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, which is one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found both near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.