Visiting Las Vegas in August?
Whether you’re a visitor or a local, Las Vegas is back! A lot of the attractions and events are back in full swing. To help you plan your time here, we’ve put together a monthly guide of all the happenings in August and organized them by date and category.
These are all August-only or events limited to a few months, but if you want things to do available year-round, check out our ultimate Vegas bucket list, bucket list experiences, top Las Vegas shows, and indoor activities (since you’ll want to escape the August heat).
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: July 2, 2023
Las Vegas Weather in August
- Average Temp in Las Vegas in August: high of 104° F, low of 66° F
- Rainfall: 0.45 inches
- Humidity: 22%
It’s scorching outdoors in Las Vegas in August, but they’re constantly pumping the AC indoors. We’re used to the heat as locals (people are surprised that we don’t bat an eye at 100-degree weather).
Unfortunately, it’s still a popular time to visit, especially for families, so don’t expect lower hotel rates.
Concerts in Las Vegas August
August 1: Buddy Guy and Kenny Wayne Sepherd, The Smith Center
August 2: Little Feet – Boogie Your Summer Away, The Smith Center
August 2: Yungblud, Brooklyn Bowl
August 2-12: Katy Perry, Resorts World
August 2-12: Maroon 5, Park MGM
August 2-19: Kelly Clarkson, Planet Hollywood
August 3: Corey Holcomb, House of Blues
August 4: Lil Baby, The Kid Laroi, & GloRilla, T-Mobile Arena
August 4: Joe Bonamassa, The Cosmopolitan
August 4: Steven Adler, Golden Nugget
August 4-5: Keith Sweat, Palms
August 4-6: Tony Orlando, South Point
August 4-26: Adele, Caesars Palace
August 5: Little River Band, Westgate
August 5: LaChanze – Feeling Good, The Smith Center
August 8: Travis Cloer, The Smith Center
August 8: Michael Grimm – Tribute to Bill Medley, The Smith Center
August 9-12: Maxwell, Wynn
August 10: Hermanos De Leche, House of Blues
August 10-12: Can’t Get Next to You – A Temptations and Motown Experience, South Point
August 11: Rival Sons, House of Blues
August 11: Karol G, Allegiant Stadium
August 11: Banda El Recodo, Virgin Hotels
August 11: The Emo Night Tour, Virgin Hotels
August 11: Gipsy Kings, Red Rock Casino
August 11-12: Strangelove – The Depeche Mod Experience, Santa Fe Station
August 12: Klassic Man – A Tribute to Marvin Gaye, Cannery Casino
August 12: Great White, Westgate
August 12: The Head and the Heart with Miya Folick, Virgin Hotels
August 12: Greta Van Fleet & Kaleo, T-Mobile Arena
August 12: Beck & Phoenix, Mandalay Bay
August 12: Big Time Rush, Max, & Jax, MGM Grand
August 12: Najee, The Smith Center
August 12, 19: Steel Panther, House of Blues
August 13: Beat the Heat, Santa Fe Station
August 13: Clutch, House of Blues
August 13, 24-26: The Chi-Lites featuring Marshall Thompson, Rio
August 14: Soul Fusion, The Smith Center
August 18: Peter Frampton, Palms
August 18: Blackpink, Allegiant Stadium
August 18: George Benson, Wynn
August 18: Australian Pink Floyd Show, Virgin Hotels
August 18: Gladys Knight, The Smith Center
August 19: Spyro Gyra, The Smith Center
August 19: Zeppelin USA, The Smith Center
August 19: Deon Cole, Virgin Hotels
August 19: Zach Bryan, T-Mobile Arena
August 22: Enjoy, Virgin Hotels
August 22: Belinda Carlisle, House of Blues
August 22: Frankie Moreno, The Smith Center
August 25: Lamb of God, The Acacia Strain, & Suicide Silence, Palms
August 25: The Taylor Part – Taylor Swift Tribute Night, Virgin Hotels
August 25: Danzig with Behemoth, Twin Temple, & Midnight, Virgin Hotels
August 25: Dance Gavin Dance, Brooklyn Bowl
August 25: Kozmic Blues, The Smith Center
August 25: Gregory Porter with Special Guest Alonzo Boddon, The Smith Center
August 25-26: Bruno Mars, Park MGM
August 25-26: Erika Jayne, House of Blues
August 25-27: The Letterman, South Point
August 25-30: The B-52s, The Venetian
August 26: Randy Houser, Sunset Station
August 26: Poppy & Pvris, Brooklyn Bowl
August 26: Godsmack & Staind, Planet Hollywood
August 26: Duran Duran, Nile Rodgers & CHIC, & Bastille, T-Mobile Arena
August 26-27: Beyonce, Allegiant Stadium
August 29-30: Beetlejuice the Musical, The Smith Center
August 30: Luke Bryan, Resorts World
August 31: Blessthefall, Virgin Hotels
Conventions in Las Vegas in August
July 30 – August 3: Las Vegas Market – Summer 2023, The Expo at World Market
August 5-8: Off-Price Specialist Show – Fall 2023, The Venetian
August 5-10: Blackhat / Webtech USA Conference, Mandalay Bay
August 6-10: Bishop Fox – Sales Boot Camp, Resorts World
August 7-9: Magic Fall 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
August 7-10: Womenswear in Nevada Summer 2023, Caesars Forum
August 7-9: Project Las Vegas 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
August 8-10: Investment Masters Symposium by Moneyshow, Paris
August 10-13: DEFCON, Caesars Forum
August 12-13: Midwest Arms Collector Gun & Knife Show, Las Vegas Convention Center
August 12-20: FMDA Annual Reunion, The Orleans
August 14-17: Fraternal Order of Police Grand Lodge Conference & Expo, MGM Grand
August 15-16: All Wireless & Prepaid Expo 2023, Caesars Palace
August 20-24: WMWare Explore, The Venetian
August 23-24: Craft Spirits Conference & Expo, The Mirage
August 23-25: The Fence Show & Security Expo, South Point
August 23-27: Rollercon 2023, Plaza Hotel / Downtown Grand / The Expo at World Market
August 24-27: Las Vegas Red Hat Funvention, The Orleans
August 26: Shop Til You Drop Day, Suncoast
August 1: Soccer Champions Tour: FC Barcelona vs AC Milan, Allegiant Stadium
August 1: Las Vegas Aces vs Atlanta Dream, Mandalay Bay
August 4: Monster Jam, Thomas & Mack Center
August 7: USA Basketball Showcase: USA vs Puerto Rico, T-Mobile Arena
August 11: Las Vegas Aces vs Washington Mystics, Mandalay Bay
August 13: Las Vegas Aces vs Atlanta Dream, Mandalay Bay
August 17: Las Vegas Aces vs New York Liberty, Mandalay Bay
August 19: Las Vegas Aces vs Los Angeles Sparks, Mandalay Bay
August 31: Las Vegas Aces vs Washington Mystics, Mandalay Bay
August 31: NLV Rebels vs Bryant Bulldogs, Allegiant Stadium
What to Eat in Las Vegas in August
Whether you’re looking for fruits and vegetables at the farmer’s market or you want to eat farm to table, this is what you will find in season in Las Vegas (zone 9a).
- Fruits in season – apricots, apples, blackberries, cantaloupe, grapes, melons, nectarines, peaches, pears, plums, and watermelon.
- Vegetables in season – artichoke, basil, beets, collard greens, corn, cucumber, eggplant, gourds, green beans, hot peppers, okra, onions, pumpkins, salad greens, summer squash, sweet corn, sweet peppers, sweet potato, Swiss chard, tomatillos, winter squash, and zucchini.
The Best Farm to Table Restaurants in Las Vegas
Here are some of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Las Vegas to check out:
- Sparrow + Wolf, Chinatown (New American, 💰💰💰)
- Honey Salt, Westside (New American, 💰💰)
- Carson Kitchen, Downtown (New American, 💰💰)
- CRAFTkitchen, Anthem (New American, 💰💰)
- The Black Sheep, Southwest (New American / Vietnamese, 💰💰)
- Yardbird, The Strip (Southern / New American, 💰💰)
- True Food Kitchen, The Strip (Vegan / New American, 💰💰)
- Kitchen Table, Henderson (Breakfast & Brunch, 💰💰)
Tips for Visiting Las Vegas in August
- Popular shows and events sell out quickly! Buy tickets as soon as you can.
- Some shows don’t allow large bags in with you. Read all the fine print before heading to the show/event.
- Bring layers – as we mentioned, it’s hot outside but cold indoors.
- Sunscreen is a must if you’re doing anything outdoors. A lot of it is exposed.
- Arrive early. It always takes longer than you think to get from one spot on the strip to another. Arrive early to find where you need to go without feeling rushed.
- Want to know what to wear to the airport? These are our ideal airport outfits.
What to Wear in Vegas in August
August is hot, especially during the day, but the AC keeps the casinos cold.
- Bring layers – layers are essential for visiting Las Vegas. As the temperatures get hot outside, they crank up AC inside. These are our favorite travel jackets.
- Dressy clothes – pack them if you plan on going clubbing or eating at nicer restaurants. You will see a mix of tourists in casinos dressed both up and down.
- Shoes – If you’re going out at night, you’ll probably bring heels or dress shoes, but make sure you bring a pair of comfortable travel shoes as well. The casinos are massive, and you walk a lot to get from place to place.
- Want to know what to wear to the airport? Here’s my ideal airport outfit and our carry-on essentials for every flight.
Best Places to Stay in Las Vegas
Is August the Best time to Visit Las Vegas?
If you’re mostly going to be indoors on the Strip, visit any time of the year since the temperature won’t matter.
For outdoor activities like hiking and climbing, you should visit between November and March. But if you’re here for the pool parties and lake life, this is the time!
In our opinion, we like leaving Vegas during July and August, but you do you!
Do any of these things to do in Las Vegas in August interest you? Let us know if we missed anything!
If you’re holding events in Vegas in August and would like to be added, please email us at hello [at] localadventurer.com.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
SEE MORE LAS VEGAS GUIDES
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.