Visiting Vegas? These are the Las Vegas events in July you shouldn’t miss.
Welcome to Las Vegas in the heat of summer!
Vegas is fine to visit any time of year if you plan on spending your time inside the casinos. We spend July focusing on exploring the “great indoors”. Unless you’re hanging by the pool, we highly recommend you stay inside. The sun beats you down, and even after sun down, it will feel like a blow dryer on you all night. Heat stroke is a genuine concern in the summer.
If you happen to be visiting in July, we put together a monthly guide of all the happenings and organized them by date and category. We hope you find this helpful! Stay safe. Wear sunscreen.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: September 17, 2023
Weather in Las Vegas in July
- Average Temp in Las Vegas in July: high of 107° F, low of 67° F
- Rainfall: 0.4 inches
- Humidity: 22%
Most evenings will be still hot out. Keep that in mind as you plan your activities.
May 27, 2023 to September 9, 2023
The 2023 Summer installation is called ‘Majesty: The Grandeur of Nature.’ The focus is on Mother Nature inspired by the sculpture ‘Building Bridges’ in Venice, Italy.
July 4th Fireworks Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace Tuesday, July 4 at 9 p.m.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa & Casino Tuesday, July 4 at 9 p.m.
- Las Vegas Ballpark Sunday, July 2 & Monday, July 3 at 6:05 p.m.
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway Monday, July 3 following the Night of Fire race.
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino Tuesday, July 4 at 9 p.m.
- Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa Tuesday, July 4 at 9 p.m.
- Firework Viewing Opportunities:
- Visitors can view the Caesars Palace fireworks on Tuesday, July 4 from the resort’s iconic Front Fountains. An elevated view is available at GIADA at The Cromwell, where an al fresco dining experience complements the show in the sky.
- Legacy Club at Circa Resort & Casino presents its Star-Spangled Glamour celebration on Tuesday, July 4. The rooftop cocktail lounge offers sweeping views of the evening’s fireworks displays in addition to a selection of craft cocktails, patriotic bites and live music.
- Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa & Casino, in partnership with City of Henderson, presents a Fireworks Viewing Party from the resort’s Backyard area on Tuesday, July 4. Visitors will be provided with complimentary light-up necklaces and are welcome to enjoy frozen treats, snacks, and beverages for purchase.
- Main Street from Carson Avenue to Ogden Avenue in front of Plaza Hotel & Casino will be closed to vehicular traffic from 8:45 p.m. to 9:10 p.m. to offer visitors prime viewpoints of the resort’s fireworks display. The hotel’s recently opened outdoor Carousel Bar also offers additional spots to see the show.
- Red Rock Casino Resort & Spa presents a Fireworks Viewing Party at its Sandbar pool on Tuesday, July 4, with admission including complimentary light-up necklaces. Visitors can enjoy beverages and pizza from Side Piece Pizza for purchase, as well as opportunities to book cabanas for the pyrotechnic show. The resort also features live music on the T-Bones Chophouse patio that same evening.
Las Vegas Shows July 2023
July 1: Keith Urban, Planet Hollywood
July 1: Adele, Caesars Palace
July 1: Hins Cheung, MGM Grand
July 1: Louis Tomlinson, The Cosmopolitan
July 1: Dam Vinh Hung, Palms
July 1: Skid Row & Warrant, Westgate Las Vegas
July 1: Viva El Mariachi, Virgin Hotels
July 1: Switchfoot, Fremont Street Experience
July 1-8: Imaginarium, Westgate Las Vegas
July 1-15: Usher, Park MGM
July 6-23: Garth Brooks, Caesars Palace
July 7: Melissa Etheridge, Palms
July 7: T.K. Kirkland, House of Blues
July 7-22: Miranda Lambert, Planet Hollywood
July 8: Charlie Puth, The Cosmopolitan
July 11: Atmosphere, House of Blues
July 11: Skillet, Fremont Street Experience
July 13: Stephen Marley & Hirie, Virgin Hotels
July 13-22: Barry Manilow, Westgate Las Vegas
July 14-15: David Blaine, Resorts World
July 14: Larry June, House of Blues
July 14: Ambrosia, Golden Nugget
July 15: Sammy Hagar and the Circle, Palms
July 15: Nickelback, Brantley Gilbert, & Josh Ross, T-Mobile Arena
July 15: Los Tucanes De Tijuana, Virgin Hotels
July 15: Stellar Gospel Music Awards, The Orleans
July 15: The All American Rejects, Fremont Street Experience
July 16: Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit, Wynn
July 16: 3 Doors Down, Palms
July 21: Peso Pluma, MGM Grand
July 21-22: Falling In Reverse & Ice Nine Kills, Virgin Hotels
July 22: Jimmy Eat World & Manchester Orchestra, The Cosmopolitan
July 22: Javier Rosas, House of Blues
July 23: Jesse & Joy, House of Blues
July 27: Aleks Syntek, House of Blues
July 28-29: Kelly Clarkson, Planet Hollywood
July 28-29: Maroon 5, Park MGM
July 28-29: Katy Perry, Resorts World
July 28, 30: Smashing Pumpkins, The Cosmopolitan
July 29: Santa Fe Klan, Mandalay Bay
July 29: Lucha VaVoom: 7 Deadly Sins, House of Blues
July 30: Toosii, House of Blues
Comedy & More
July 1: Jack Whitehall, Wynn
July 1: David Spade with Nikki Glaser, The Venetian
July 1, 2, 7: Theo Von, Wynn
July 6-7: Shane Gillis, The Mirage
July 7-8: Kevin Hart, Resorts World
July 12: Bert Kreischer’s Fully Loaded Comedy Festival, T-Mobile Arena
July 13-15: Josh Blue, Tropicana
July 14: Anthony Jeselnik, The Cosmopolitan
July 14-15: Chris Tucker, Wynn
July 14-15: Dana Carvey, The Mirage
July 16: Jeff Dunham, Planet Hollywood
July 21: Felipe Esparza, Treasure Island
July 21-22: Matt Fraser, The Venetian
July 22: Time Dillon, Wynn
July 22: Gary Owen, Palms
July 28-29: Jerry Seinfeld, Caesars Palace
July 29: Matteo Lane, Wynn
July 29: Nurse Blake, The Cosmopolitan
July 1: Las Vegas Aces vs Connecticut Sun, Mandalay Bay
July 5: Las Vegas Aces vs Dallas Wings, Mandalay Bay
July 8: UFC 290: Volkanovski vs Rodriguez, T-Mobile Arena
July 11: Las Vegas Aces vs Phoenix Mercury, Mandalay Bay
July 12: CONCACAF Gold Cup: Semifinal, Allegiant Stadium
July 14: WNBA All Star Friday, Mandalay Bay
July 15: WNBA All Star Game, Mandalay Bay
July 29: Showtime Championship Boxing: Terence Crawford vs Errol Spence Jr, T-Mobile Arena
July 30: USA Tour: Manchester United FC vs Borussia Dortmund, Allegiant Stadium
July 30: Las Vegas Aces vs Dallas Wings, Mandalay Bay
Conventions + Events in Las Vegas in July
July 5-9: Innovative Schools Summit, Caesars Palace
July 6-8: American National IBJJF Jiu-Jitsu Championship 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 6-9: The Aesthetic Show 2023, Wynn
July 6-9: The Doc Doherty Boxing Classic, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 7-8: UFCX 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 7-11: PCA Tradeshow 2023, The Venetian
July 7-23: AAU West Coast National Championships 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 8-9: Christmas in July, Suncoast
July 10-12: Campus Safety Conference 2023, M Resort
July 11-13: COSMOPROF North America 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 13-16: Public Safety Writers Association PSWA Annual Conference, The Orleans
July 14-16: Drifting on the River, Laughlin River Lodge
July 15: Bridal Spectacular Wedding Expo 2023, The Expo at World Market Center
July 16-21: Care Solace Mental Health Summit 2023, Caesars Palace
July 17-20: Splunk .CONF23, The Venetian
July 18-21: Mike Ferry – Superstar Retreat 2023, Caesars Forum
July 19-22: Champs Trade Show Summer 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 24-27: CVent Connect 2023, Caesars Forum
July 24-28: Controlled Release Society Conference 2023, Paris
July 24-28: School Safety Advocacy Council 35th Annual International Training Convention, Tropicana
July 25-28: AWFS Fair 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 27-29: Contractor Party + Expo 2023, Paris
July 28-29: Summer Fan Experience 2023, Las Vegas Convention Center
July 30 – Aug 03: Las Vegas Market Summer 2023, The Expo at World Market Center
What to Eat in Las Vegas in July
Whether you’re looking for fruits and vegetables at the farmer’s market or you want to eat farm to table, this is what you will find in season in Las Vegas (zone 9a).
- Fruits in Season – Apricots, Blackberries, Cantaloupe, Grapes, Melons, Nectarines, Peaches, Plums, Watermelon
- Vegetables in Season – Artichoke, Basil, Celery, Collard Greens, Corn, Cucumber, Eggplant, Garlic, Gourds, Green Beans, Hot Peppers, Okra, Onions, Parsnips, Potatoes, Pumpkins, Salad Greens, Summer Squash, Sweet Corn, Sweet Peppers, Sweet Potato, Swiss Chard, Tomatillos, Winter Squash, Zucchini
The Best Farm-to-Table Restaurants in Las Vegas
Here are some of the best farm-to-table restaurants in Las Vegas to check out:
- Sparrow + Wolf, Chinatown (New American, 💰💰💰)
- Honey Salt, Westside (New American, 💰💰)
- Carson Kitchen, Downtown (New American, 💰💰)
- CRAFTkitchen, Anthem (New American, 💰💰)
- The Black Sheep, Southwest (New American / Vietnamese, 💰💰)
- Yardbird, The Strip (Southern / New American, 💰💰)
- True Food Kitchen, The Strip (Vegan / New American, 💰💰)
- Kitchen Table, Henderson (Breakfast & Brunch, 💰💰)
Tips for Visiting Las Vegas in July
- Get tickets as soon as you know what shows you want to see. Popular shows & concerts sell out fast!
- Read all the fine print before heading to a show – some have restrictions on what you can bring with you.
- Save money on multiple attractions, and get the All-Inclusive or Explorer Pass.
- Sunscreen is a must, especially if you’re doing outdoor activities.
- Plan to arrive early for meals and shows. It takes longer than you think to get from one spot on the strip to another. Give yourself a buffer.
What to Wear in Vegas in July
July is hot, especially during the day, but the AC keeps the casinos cold.
- Bring layers – layers are essential for visiting Las Vegas. As the temperatures get hot outside, they crank up AC inside. These are our favorite travel jackets.
- Dressy clothes – pack them if you plan on going clubbing or eating at nicer restaurants. You will see a mix of tourists in casinos dressed both up and down.
- Shoes – If you’re going out at night, you’ll probably bring heels or dress shoes, but make sure you bring a pair of comfortable travel shoes as well. The casinos are massive, and you walk a lot to get from place to place.
- Want to know what to wear to the airport? Here’s my ideal airport outfit and our carry-on essentials for every flight.
Best Places to Stay in Las Vegas
Is July the Best time to Visit Las Vegas?
If you’re mostly going to be indoors on the Strip, visit any time of the year since the temperature won’t matter.
For outdoor activities like hiking and climbing, you should visit between November and March. But if you’re here for the pool parties and lake life, this is the time!
In our opinion, we like leaving Vegas during July and August, but you do you!
Do any of these things to do in Vegas in July interest you? Let us know if we missed anything! If you’re holding an event and would like to be added, please email us at hello [at] localadventurer.com.
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
SEE MORE LAS VEGAS GUIDES
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.