Portland is a quirky, artsy town that you could spend all day taking photos. Even while we were putting this list together, we found so many random spots we loved on the way to certain murals. Keep in mind many of the murals are constantly changing and since Portland is a rapidly growing city, we’ve seen new buildings develop right in front of them. We’ll try to update them as we see them come and go, but if you notice something that’s changed, let us know! If you’re looking for fun spots to take photos, we’ve narrowed down our favorites to the top 25.
P.S. The words “ig spots” or “popular” probably makes most Portlanders cringe.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: January 2, 2023
25 Most Popular Instagram Spots in Portland OR
1125 SE Division St Suite 103, 97202, map
One of our friends introduced us to this banana mural down the street from her house, which was once illegal graffiti and Portland’s oldest mural dating back to 1984. Today it’s a beloved landmark!
22. Flamingos at Pie Spot
521 NE 24th Ave, 97232, map
This one was a fun mural we stumbled upon while looking for the mural across the parking lot. I ended up liking this one way more. Plus, it wasn’t obstructed with trash bins.
Map of the Best Instagram Spots in Portland OR
More Instagram Spots in Portland
- Pip’s Original Doughnuts & Chai (4759 NE Fremont St, 97213)
- Menagerie (2880 SE Division St, 97202)
- Coco Donuts (33 N Skidmore St, 97217)
- Hoyt Arboretum (4000 SW Fairview Blvd, 97221)
- Portland Japanese Garden (611 SW Kingston Ave, 97205)
- Lan Su Chinese Garden (239 NW Everett St, 97209)
- Mt Tabor Park (SE Salmon St, 97215)
- Portland Art Museum (1219 SW Park Ave, 97205)
- Latourell Falls (Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, 97019) – closest waterfall
- Solabee Flowers & Botanicals (801 N Killingsworth St, 97217)
- Pistils Nursery (3811 North Mississippi Avenue, Suite 1, 97227)
More Murals in Portland
- Sailing Toad vs Bear of the Sea by Pablo Garcia (2715 NE Alberta St, 97211)
- The Lost Cause by Jon Stommel (3158 E Burnside St, 97214)
- Questions for Humans by BotJoy (1006 SE Salmon St, 97214)
- Cherry Sprout Produce Mural (722 N Sumner St, 97217)
- Giant Beetles by Thomas Jackson (1930 NE Oregon St, 97232)
- Bird Leg and Donuts by Joram Roukes (312 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97214)
- Hey Girl by Alexander Barrett (2329 NE Glisan St, 97232) – sometimes obstructed by a large trash bin
- Skating Dog by Pablo Garcia (2739 NE Alberta St, 97211)
- The Community Cycling Center Mural by Robin Corbo (1700 NE Alberta St, 97211)
- The Journey Itself is Home by Josh Doll (3308 SE 50th Ave, 97206)
- Prints by Michael Salter (419 SE Pine St, 97214) – the one with the cat
- Native + Portland by Yatika Fields (830 SE 3rd Ave, 97214)
No Longer Around
- Tron Trees and Colorful Creatures – Brendan Monroe and Souther Salazar – building developed right in front.
- World Naked Bike Ride Mural by BMD (SE 8th and Division Place along the Tilikum bike trail) – the mural is still there but the building is being sold and there is a fence that goes around it that makes it hard to take photos.
- Archangel by Kamea Hadar and MEGGS (1340 SE 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97214) – there’s a fence that cuts through a third of it.
Best Places to Stay in Portland
Anything we missed? Where are your favorite spots to take photos in Portland?
SEE More CITY Bucket Lists
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.