Portland is a quirky, artsy town that you could spend all day taking photos. Even while we were putting this list together, we found so many random spots we loved on the way to certain murals. Keep in mind many of the murals are constantly changing and since Portland is a rapidly growing city, we’ve seen new buildings develop right in front of them. We’ll try to update them as we see them come and go, but if you notice something that’s changed, let us know! If you’re looking for fun spots to take photos, we’ve narrowed down our favorites to the top 25.
P.S. The words “ig spots” or “popular” probably makes most Portlanders cringe.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: January 2, 2023
25 Most Popular Instagram Spots in Portland OR
1. Art Fills the Void Banana Mural by Gorilla WallFlare
1125 SE Division St Suite 103, 97202, map
One of our friends introduced us to this banana mural down the street from her house, which was once illegal graffiti and Portland’s oldest mural dating back to 1984. Today it’s a beloved landmark!
More:Ultimate Portland Bucket List (101 Things to Do in Portland)
3. Keep Portland Weird Sign
350 W Burnside St, 97209, map
4. Pittock Mansion
3229 NW Pittock Dr, 97210, map
This is hands down our favorite view in Portland.
6. RHINO MURAL BY JOSH KEYS
1308 SE Morrison St, 97214, map
7. Mills End Park – Smallest Park in the WOrld
SW Taylor St & SW Naito Pkwy, 97204, map
I’m not sure who exactly does the gardening and takes care of this park, but it has seen a lot of changes over time. Sometimes you’ll find different trees or little figurines.
8. Voodoo Doughnut
1501 NE Davis St, 97232, map
A good spot for photos but not so much for the donuts. Trust us, we used to live in the apartment next door to this one.
9. Historic Portland White Stag Sign
31 NW Naito Pkwy, 97209, map
We like taking the photo down Burnside Bridge with a longer lens.
10. Capax Infiniti by Faith47
1114 SW Washington St, 97205, map
We like taking the photo down Burnside Bridge with a longer lens.
14. Clary Sage Herbarium by Rather Severe
2839 NE Alberta St, 97211, map
15. Ira Keller Fountain Park
SW 3rd Ave & Clay St, 97201, map
Take a photo in front of an urban waterfall or head out to the Columbia River Gorge for some real ones.
16. Everything is Everything by Zach Yarrington
508 SE Grand Ave, 97214, map
22. Flamingos at Pie Spot
521 NE 24th Ave, 97232, map
This one was a fun mural we stumbled upon while looking for the mural across the parking lot. I ended up liking this one way more. Plus, it wasn’t obstructed with trash bins.
23. International Rose Test Garden
400 SW Kingston Ave, 97205, map
If you’re going to visit Rose City, you should take the time to smell the roses. The peak season is generally in June.
More:What You Need to Know About Visiting the International Rose Test Garden
Map of the Best Instagram Spots in Portland OR
More Instagram Spots in Portland
- Pip’s Original Doughnuts & Chai (4759 NE Fremont St, 97213)
- Menagerie (2880 SE Division St, 97202)
- Coco Donuts (33 N Skidmore St, 97217)
- Hoyt Arboretum (4000 SW Fairview Blvd, 97221)
- Portland Japanese Garden (611 SW Kingston Ave, 97205)
- Lan Su Chinese Garden (239 NW Everett St, 97209)
- Mt Tabor Park (SE Salmon St, 97215)
- Portland Art Museum (1219 SW Park Ave, 97205)
- Latourell Falls (Historic Columbia River Hwy, Corbett, 97019) – closest waterfall
- Solabee Flowers & Botanicals (801 N Killingsworth St, 97217)
- Pistils Nursery (3811 North Mississippi Avenue, Suite 1, 97227)
More Murals in Portland
- Sailing Toad vs Bear of the Sea by Pablo Garcia (2715 NE Alberta St, 97211)
- The Lost Cause by Jon Stommel (3158 E Burnside St, 97214)
- Questions for Humans by BotJoy (1006 SE Salmon St, 97214)
- Cherry Sprout Produce Mural (722 N Sumner St, 97217)
- Giant Beetles by Thomas Jackson (1930 NE Oregon St, 97232)
- Bird Leg and Donuts by Joram Roukes (312 SE Stark St, Portland, OR 97214)
- Hey Girl by Alexander Barrett (2329 NE Glisan St, 97232) – sometimes obstructed by a large trash bin
- Skating Dog by Pablo Garcia (2739 NE Alberta St, 97211)
- The Community Cycling Center Mural by Robin Corbo (1700 NE Alberta St, 97211)
- The Journey Itself is Home by Josh Doll (3308 SE 50th Ave, 97206)
- Prints by Michael Salter (419 SE Pine St, 97214) – the one with the cat
- Native + Portland by Yatika Fields (830 SE 3rd Ave, 97214)
No Longer Around
- Tron Trees and Colorful Creatures – Brendan Monroe and Souther Salazar – building developed right in front.
- World Naked Bike Ride Mural by BMD (SE 8th and Division Place along the Tilikum bike trail) – the mural is still there but the building is being sold and there is a fence that goes around it that makes it hard to take photos.
- Archangel by Kamea Hadar and MEGGS (1340 SE 12th Ave, Portland, OR 97214) – there’s a fence that cuts through a third of it.
Best Places to Stay in Portland
Anything we missed? Where are your favorite spots to take photos in Portland?
SEE MORE City Bucket Lists
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.
Follow along on Instagram (E + J), YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest.
This Post Has 12 Comments
Where did you to get the photo of the Portland/White stag sign?
It’s taken from Burnside Bridge. You can’t miss it when you’re walking across.
This sooooo helpful! Glad found you guys while browsing today. Will be in Oregon a/ my spouse and few good friends in less than 2weeks! Can’t wait to see Portland.
Hope you had a wonderful time, Mady! :) So glad we could help!
This was so amazing and helpful. Thank you for putting this together.
:) You’re so welcome.
I have wanted to find more spots so thank you for adding to my list!!! You inspired me to actually make my own for once so when my clients ask me where to go I can just send it to them!
Swimming whale mural is covered, it can be taken off the list.
Thanks for letting us know! Do you mean the Swimming Elephant?
It’s not covered, really. There are just food carts in the formerly empty lot now.
I’m heading to PDX in a few weeks, and can’t wait to use your Google map to find some of these spots. Thanks for putting this together! It’s brilliant.
So happy to hear you found this helpful! :) Hope you have a wonderful Portland trip!