Skipping our regular blog schedule this week, but wanted to leave you some tips if you happen to be spending Christmas in Vegas! Before we headed to Atlanta, we hunted down the best Christmas displays in Las Vegas.
You best prepare yourself, because the strip will be insanely busy on Christmas day since everything is open. Restaurants will be packed and buffets will be double the price. While there is a lot to see and do, here’s what we thought would be worth your while.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: November 29, 2021
7 Ways to Have the Perfect Christmas in Las Vegas
Dates: Nov 20, 2021 – Jan 1, 2022
They have the best Christmas displays of any Vegas hotels! Best of all it’s open 24/7 and it’s free.
We checked out many of the other hotels, and they just don’t do Christmas displays like Bellagio does. Also the Fountains of Bellagio is now set to some Christmas classics perfect for the holiday season.
Dates: Through Early January
Hours: 4:30 PM – 4 AM
Here Kitty Kitty Vice Den is a speakeasy hidden behind a shelf at Ms. Meow’s Mamak Stall in Resorts World. Right now, it’s completely decked out in Christmas decor, so go while it’s still there! The decor will change seasonally.
You don’t need a password to get in; you just need to know where it’s located. Depending on when you go, plan on a wait. On weekends or busier nights, there can be a 30 min wait or up to an hour and a half.
The Ice Rink hours this year are:
- Nov 16 – Dec 17, 2021 | Mon to Fri 4 – 11 PM, Sat to Sun Noon – 11 PM
- Nov 24, 2021 | Noon – 11 PM
- November 25-26, 2021 | Noon – Midnight
- Dec 18, 2021 – Jan 3, 2022 | Noon – 11 PM
- December 24-25, 2021 | Noon to Midnight
Strap on your ice skates and enjoy this unique ice rink that gives you views overlooking the Las Vegas strip. It now features a new experience of snow showers.
They also have special events like movie nights, a skating dog, DJs, and more.
Dates: Nov 12, 2021 – Jan 9, 2022
Hours: 5:30-9 PM Sun – Thur and 5:30-10 PM Fri – Sat
This is a holiday lights display that you can drive through. It’s one of the largest in the country and by far the largest one we’ve driven through with 5 million lights and 1000 display elements along a 2.5 mile course.
A portion of your ticket goes towards children charities in Southern Nevada and Goodwill, and if you buy any concessions, it’s helping support Boy Scouts.
Dates: Nov 5, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022
Hours: 5 – 10 PM
The Ethel M Chocolate Factory is one of our favorite spots to visit in Vegas at Christmas. Their Botanical Cactus Garden is decked out in Christmas lights and you can see them from 5 pm to 10 pm. They are requiring reservations with a $5 fee that will be donated to Three Square Food Bank. You can make a reservation for up to 6 people. See the regular factory tour we took here.
Note: If you don’t have any reservations, you can show up and see if there are any cancellations.
Dates / Hours:
- Nov 26 – Dec 15, 2021 | Tues – Thurs, Sun 4:30 PM – 10:30 PM, Fri – Sat 4:30 PM – 11:30 PM
- Dec 16 – Jan 1, 2022 | Mon to Sun 4:30 PM – 11:30 PM
- Jan 2 | 4:30 PM – 10:30 PM
Enchant Christmas has four locations, one of which is in Las Vegas! It’s a new attraction in Vegas this year that’s part Christmas light maze and an ice skating rink.
Las Vegas at Christmas wouldn’t be complete without hunting down pretty Christmas trees.
This 65 foot tall Christmas Tree with 50,000 lights is in the center of Doge’s Palace plaza. The Grand Canal Shoppes also has decorations you can check out.
Closed This Year
Dates: Dec 1 – 30, 2019 (Holiday Show)
Hours: Mon – Wed 6 pm – 9 pm, Thurs – Sun 6 pm – 9 pm. Snow is scheduled to fall by The LINQ Fountain Stage at 6 p.m., 7 p.m., 8 p.m. and 9 p.m. nightly
There are decorations, music, carolers, and snowfall every half hour making it the perfect backdrop for Vegas at Christmas. Also, right behind the High Roller is now a 30 ft tall hill made of real snow for tubing (Cost: $5 a ride or $20 for an all-day pass)
Every hour, there’s a holiday light show and snow at the fountain stage.
Note: This year, we didn’t see any tubing, but we did see Christmas decor and a tree along the promenade.
More Christmas Trees and Christmas Lights
- City of Henderson WinterFest 2021 (Dec 2, 2021 – Jan 1, 2022) – Great for the whole family
- Holiday at The Park (TBA)
- Fashion Show Mall (TBA)
- Flamingo Holiday Festival (Nov 19, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022) – The Flamingo Wildlife Habitat will transform into a pink winter wonderland
- The LINQ Promenade (Nov 19, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022)
- Mystic Falls Park Winter Wonderland (Nov 24 – Dec 31, 2021) – Tons of decor, laser light show, and snow
- New York New York Christmas Tree (the ribbon tree pictured below)
- The Palazzo Waterfall Atrium and Gardens Display
- Town Square (Nov 20 – Dec 24, 2021) has a beautiful 45 ft Christmas tree, a chance to take photos with Santa, and a play area for kids. Plus, it’s your rare chance to see snow in Vegas. Snow in the Square happens every Monday to Thursday at 7 PM and Friday and Saturday at 7 and 8 PM.
- Tropicana’s Holiday in Paradise Christmas Display (TBA)
- Winter’s Village at Green Valley Ranch and Red Rock Casino
- Wynn’s Winter Wonderland (December)
More Christmas Events in Las Vegas
- Area 15 Wanderland
- Cowabunga Bay Festival of Lanterns (Dec 1-31, 2021)
- Downtown Summerlin Rock Rink (Nov 12, 2021 – Jan 17, 2022) – ice skating, a holiday train, and 40 ft tree
- Grand Canyon – a great spot to explore to stay outdoors
- Las Vegas Santa Run (Dec 4, 2021)
- Opportunity Village’s Magical Forest (Nov 26, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022)
- Red Rock Canyon – nothing special for the holidays but the weather is perfect to explore!
- Santa in the Shipwreck at the Shark Reef Aquarium on the weekends (TBA)
- Springs Preserve Holiday Express (TBA)
Where to Take Santa Pictures in Las Vegas
- Boulder City Santa Express (Nov 26 – Dec 22, 2021, Weekends only at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm)
- Ethel M Holiday Cactus Garden (Nov 5, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022) – currently completely booked, but you can try to show up and see if there are any cancellations.
- Fashion Show Mall (Nov 18 – Dec 21, 2020)
- Galleria Mall (Nov 16 – Dec 21, 2021)
- Silverton Aquarium’s Scuba Santa (weekends in Dec)
- Town Square (Nov 20, – Dec 24, 2021) Schedule photos with Santa here.
Best Places to Stay
How will you be spending your Christmas in Las Vegas?
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
See More About Las Vegas
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, which is one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found both near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.