Skipping our regular blog schedule this week, but wanted to leave you some tips if you happen to be spending Christmas in Las Vegas! Before we headed to visit family in Atlanta, we hunted down the best events and best Christmas displays in Las Vegas.
You best prepare yourself, because the Strip will be insanely busy on Christmas day since everything is open. Restaurants will be packed and buffets will be double the price. While there is a lot to see and do, here’s what we thought would be worth your while (plus a more comprehensive list below).
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: December 15, 2021
- The Best Things to Do in Las Vegas for Christmas
- Map of Christmas Attractions in Las Vegas
- More Christmas Trees and Christmas Lights
- More Christmas Events in Las Vegas
- More Christmas Shows in Las Vegas
- Where to Take Santa Pictures in Las Vegas
- Where to Eat on Christmas Day
- Christmas Lights and Neighborhoods
- Best Places to Stay
- More Resources
9 Ways to Have the Perfect Christmas in Las Vegas
Dates: Nov 20, 2021 – Jan 1, 2022
They have the best Christmas displays of any Vegas hotels. Best of all it’s open 24/7 and it’s free.
We checked out many of the other hotels, and they just don’t do Christmas displays like Bellagio does. Also the Fountains of Bellagio is now set to some Christmas classics perfect for the holiday season.
Dates: Through Early January
Hours: 4:30 PM – 4 AM
Here Kitty Kitty Vice Den is a speakeasy hidden behind a shelf at Ms. Meow’s Mamak Stall in Resorts World. Right now, it’s completely decked out in Christmas decor, so go while it’s still there! The decor will change seasonally.
You don’t need a password to get in; you just need to know where it’s located. Depending on when you go, plan on a wait. On weekends or busier nights, there can be a 30 min wait or up to an hour and a half.
The Ice Rink hours this year are:
- Nov 16 – Dec 17, 2021 | Mon to Fri 4 – 11 PM, Sat to Sun Noon – 11 PM
- Nov 24, 2021 | Noon – 11 PM
- November 25-26, 2021 | Noon – Midnight
- Dec 18, 2021 – Jan 3, 2022 | Noon – 11 PM
- December 24-25, 2021 | Noon to Midnight
Strap on your ice skates and enjoy this unique ice rink that gives you views overlooking the Las Vegas strip. It now features a new experience of snow showers.
They also have special events like movie nights, a skating dog, DJs, and more.
Dates: Nov 12, 2021 – Jan 9, 2022
Hours: 5:30-9 PM Sun – Thur and 5:30-10 PM Fri – Sat
This is a holiday lights display that you can drive through. It’s one of the largest in the country and by far the largest one we’ve driven through with 5 million lights and 1000 display elements along a 2.5 mile course.
A portion of your ticket goes towards children charities in Southern Nevada and Goodwill, and if you buy any concessions, it’s helping support Boy Scouts.
Dates: Nov 5, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022
Hours: 5 – 10 PM
The Ethel M Chocolate Factory is one of our favorite spots to visit in Vegas at Christmas. Their Botanical Cactus Garden is decked out in Christmas lights and you can see them from 5 pm to 10 pm. They are requiring reservations with a $5 fee that will be donated to Three Square Food Bank. You can make a reservation for up to 6 people. See the regular factory tour we took here.
Note: If you don’t have any reservations, you can show up and see if there are any cancellations.
Dates / Hours:
- Nov 26 – Dec 15, 2021 | Tues – Thurs, Sun 4:30 PM – 10:30 PM, Fri – Sat 4:30 PM – 11:30 PM
- Dec 16 – Jan 1, 2022 | Mon to Sun 4:30 PM – 11:30 PM
- Jan 2 | 4:30 PM – 10:30 PM
Enchant Christmas has four locations, one of which is in Las Vegas! It’s a new attraction in Vegas this year that’s part Christmas light maze and an ice skating rink.
Dates / Hours: Through December 23, 2021 5PM-11PM
This pop-up bar is super fun! As you enter, they guide you through the space and you pick an ornament out. You are then set up at a table where you paint, order drinks, and enjoy snacks. When you’re done, there are plenty of spaces to lounge, an arcade area, and more. It’s a great activity for friends or date night.
Dates / Hours: Through January 2, 2022 (closed on Christmas) opening nightly at 5:30 PM
The Magical Forest celebrates its 30th year with activities that locals have come to love. Visit with Santa, ride the slide or carousel, get bites to eat at the food trucks, or take a ride on the Forest Express Passenger Train. Tickets include all of the rides and every dollar spent at the Magical Forest goes towards programs and services for people with disabilities at Opportunty Village.
Dates / Hours:
- December 1-19, 2021 | Mon – Fri 4 PM – 8 PM, Sat – Sun 12 PM – 9 PM
- December 20-25, 2021 | 12 PM – 9 PM
- December 26, 2021 | 12 PM – 6 PM
- December 27-31, 2021 | 4 PM – 8 PM
- January 1-2, 2022 | 12 PM – 9 PM
If you’re looking for a spot with tons of photo ops, check out Santa’s Experience at Tivoli Village. You get a chance to walk through over two dozen photo spots and you even end with a photo with Santa.
Closed This Year
Dates: TBD (Holiday Show)
There are decorations, music, carolers, and snowfall every half hour making it the perfect backdrop for Vegas at Christmas. Also, right behind the High Roller is now a 30 ft tall hill made of real snow for tubing (Cost: $5 a ride or $20 for an all-day pass)
Every hour, there’s a holiday light show and snow at the fountain stage.
Note: This year, we didn’t see any tubing, but we did see Christmas decor and a tree along the promenade.
More Christmas Trees and Christmas Lights
Las Vegas at Christmas wouldn’t be complete without hunting down the biggest, prettiest Christmas trees.
- City of Henderson WinterFest 2021 (Dec 2, 2021 – Jan 1, 2022) – Great for the whole family
- Holiday at The Park (Dec 10-18, 2021)
- Fashion Show Mall (Through Dec 24, 2021)
- Flamingo Holiday Festival (Nov 19, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022) – The Flamingo Wildlife Habitat will transform into a pink winter wonderland
- The LINQ Promenade (Nov 19, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022)
- Mystic Falls Park Winter Wonderland (Nov 24 – Dec 31, 2021) – Tons of decor, laser light show, and snow
- New York New York Christmas Tree (the ribbon tree pictured below)
- The Palazzo Waterfall Atrium and Gardens Display
- Town Square (Nov 20 – Dec 24, 2021) has a beautiful 45 ft Christmas tree, a chance to take photos with Santa, and a play area for kids. Plus, it’s your rare chance to see snow in Vegas. Snow in the Square happens every Monday to Thursday at 7 PM and Friday and Saturday at 7 and 8 PM.
- Venetian Christmas Tree – 65 foot tall with 50,000 lights is in the center of Doge’s Palace plaza. The Grand Canal Shoppes also has decorations you can check out.
- Winter’s Village at Green Valley Ranch and Red Rock Casino
- Wynn’s Winter Wonderland (December)
More Christmas Events in Las Vegas
- Area 15 Naughty List(Dec 17, 2021)
- Cowabunga Bay Festival of Lanterns (Dec 1-31, 2021)
- Downtown Summerlin Rock Rink (Nov 12, 2021 – Jan 17, 2022) – ice skating, a holiday train, and 40 ft tree
- Grand Canyon – a great spot to explore to stay outdoors
- Las Vegas Santa Run (Dec 4, 2021)
- Opportunity Village’s Magical Forest (Nov 26, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022)
- Red Rock Canyon – nothing special for the holidays but the weather is perfect to explore!
- Santa in the Shipwreck at the Shark Reef Aquarium on the weekends (Through Dec 24, 2021)
- Springs Preserve Holiday Express
Where to Take Santa Pictures in Las Vegas
- Boulder City Santa Express (Nov 26 – Dec 22, 2021, Weekends only at 10 am, 12 pm, 2 pm)
- Ethel M Holiday Cactus Garden (Nov 5, 2021 – Jan 2, 2022) – currently completely booked, but you can try to show up and see if there are any cancellations.
- Fashion Show Mall (Nov 18 – Dec 21, 2020)
- Galleria Mall (Nov 16 – Dec 21, 2021)
- Silverton Aquarium’s Scuba Santa (weekends in Dec)
- Town Square (Nov 20, – Dec 24, 2021) Schedule photos with Santa here.
Where to Eat in Las Vegas on Christmas
Finding a spot to eat on Christmas Day in Las Vegas isn’t too difficult. A lot of restaurants are still open. Keep in mind that prices may be higher and some places will have special menus. A lot of spots are also short on staff, so have patience, and it’s always a good idea to make reservations. Here are some options to check out. We haven’t eaten at a lot of these spots but did make notes next to the ones we did.
- Bacchanal Buffet, Caesars Palace (Buffets, 💰💰💰💰)
- Bazaar Meat by Jose Andres, Sahara (Steakhouse, 💰💰💰💰) – one of our favorite restaurants for steak and try the cotton candy foie gras
- Blossom, ARIA (Chinese, 💰💰💰)
- Bottiglia Cucina & Enoteca, Green Valley Ranch (Italian, 💰💰)
- Bugsy & Meyer’s, Flamingo (Steahouses, 💰💰💰)
- Carmine’s Italian Restaurant, Caesars Palace (Italian, 💰💰💰)
- Du-Par’s Restaurant and Bakery, Summerlin (Breakfast & Brunch, 💰💰)
- Eiffel Tower Restaurant, Paris (French, 💰💰💰)
- Giada, The Cromwell (Italian, 💰💰💰) – we went years ago and thought it was just okay
- Guy Fieri’s Vegas Kitchen & Bar, The LINQ (American, 💰💰)
- Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar, Red Rock Resort (American, 💰💰💰)
- Hell’s Kitchen, Caesars Palace (American, 💰💰💰)
- Hofbrauhaus, Off Strip (German, 💰💰)
- Jardin, Wynn (American, 💰💰)
- Jing, Summerlin (Asian Fusion, 💰💰💰)
- La Strega, Summerlin – one of our go-to Italian spots in town (Italian, 💰💰💰)
- Mercato Della Pescheria, The Venetian – good food and great views of St. Mark’s Square (Italian, 💰💰💰)
- Nobu, Caesars Palace (Japanese, 💰💰💰💰)
- Restaurant Guy Savoy, Caesars Palace – one of the best prix-fixe meals we’ve had in Vegas (French, 💰💰💰💰)
- Ri Ra Irish Pub, Mandalay Bay (Irish, 💰💰)
- SoulBelly BBQ, Downtown (BBQ, 💰💰)
- STK, The Cosmopolitan (Steakhouses, 💰💰💰💰)
- Suhisamba, The Venetian (Asian Fushion, 💰💰💰)
- Sushi Roku, Caesars Palace (Japanese, 💰💰💰)
- Trevi, The Forum Shops (Italian, 💰💰)
Christmas Neighborhoods in Las Vegas
Sometimes the best way to celebrate the holidays is to see how our neighbors celebrate and decorate their homes. Here are some of the best houses and neighborhoods to check out in Las Vegas.
- 2975 Maverick St, 89108, map
- 5219 Masters Ave, 89142, map
- 8313 Clear Falls St, 89085, map
- 730 Bollons Island, Henderson, NV 89002, map – Golden Knights House
- 1054 Desert Olive Ct, Henderson, NV 89002, map
- 8408 Hirsch Mountain Dr, 89131, map
- Spruce Hill Court, 89148, map – 5 houses synced to music
- Wavering Pine Drive, 89143, map
- 4601 Gonzales Drive, 89130, map – huge display set up in their garage
- 742 Triple Crown St, Henderson, NV 89015, map
- 3018 Scenic Valley Way, Henderson, NV 89052, map
- 2410 High Vista Drive, Henderson, NV 89014, map
- 862 Teal Ave, 89123, map
Let us know if you know of any other notable houses or if you visit any of these spots and they are no longer there.
Best Places to Stay
How will you be spending your Christmas in Las Vegas?
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
See More About Las Vegas
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, which is one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found both near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.