While we are living out in Los Angeles, not only did we want to explore everything LA had to offer us, but wanted to take advantage of being on the west coast and take as many road trips as possible. Here’s our guide to road trip USA with 25 best coast west coast road trips. Like all my lists, sometimes I like to modify as I go, so I’m always open to suggestions! :)
Click links to find out more info about each destination.
25 West Coast Road Trips | Our Guide to Road Trip America:
- ✓ Pacific Coast Highway – Don’t Miss Big Sur + Monterey Area
- ✓ Las Vegas (so many people from LA do weekend trips to Vegas). Local Tip: Stop by Donut Man in Glendora and get the Strawberry or Peach donuts if they are in season.
- ✓ The Wave, Vermillion Cliffs, Arizona
- ✓ Havasupai
- ✓ Bryce Canyon National Park
- ✓ Zion National Park
- ✓ Death Valley National Park
- ✓ Salvation Mountain + Slab City
- ✓ San Francisco
- ✓ Crater Lake National Park
- ✓ Portland + Columbia River Gorge
- ✓ Olympic National Park
- ✓ Yosemite National Park
- ✓ San Diego
- ✓ Seattle
- ✓ Joshua Tree National Park
- ✓ Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- ✓ Ojai, California
- ✓ Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
- ✓ Napa / Sonoma Valley + (French Laundry if you love food)
- ✓ Grand Canyon National Park
- ✓ Pinnacles National Park
- ✓ Palm Springs
- ✓ Antelope Canyon
- ✓ Redwood National Park
Also, if time permits:
- ✓ Channel Islands National Park (need to take a ferry from LA)
- ✓ Vancouver – full post coming soon, meanwhile check out capilano suspension bridge & richmond night market!
- ✓ Snowboard in Tahoe
- ✓ Multnomah Falls
- Banff / Lake Louise
- Hawaii (not a roadtrip, but flights are way cheaper from LA)
Which one of these destinations interests you the most?
What do you guys think about my list? Anywhere you’ve already been that wasn’t worth it? Anything you think I should add? Also, if you need some inspiration to hit the road, check out New York Time’s 36 hours / 150 weekends in US & Canada.