Is it too late to post a blog recap of 2013? :) I’m so thankful for the year. It was a crazy one. It had it’s share of difficult moments, but I learned, I grew, I taught myself how to be more of a fighter in the storms of life. I kept a gratitude journal and really tried to live out the quote “count your blessings not your problems.” Looking back, it was an incredible year filled with blessings.
1. We were tourists in our own hometown
2. Wedding dress shopping for Hsiao
3. Spent time with friends & family before we moved
1. Tried the Paleo Diet.
2. Hiked to the top of Half dome in Yosemite National Park.
3. Saw the Room for the first time. It was quite the experience.
1. Our apt complex had a BBQ so we met our neighbors.
2. Boston & NYC for Hsiao’s Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party.
3. Watched Monster’s University & loved it!
August (was a busy month!)
1. Best friend’s wedding in the OC
2. Back to Atlanta for the Walking Dead Tour
3. Anniversary Shoot with Jeff Newsom
4. Hot Air Ballooning for the first time in Temecula!
5. Brewery Tour Anniversary Weekend in San Diego
1. Hung out in Downtown Vegas and found out about the Downtown Project.
2. Went cronut crazy trying to look for the best ones in LA.
3. Trip up to bay area and tried underground dining, toured Pixar Animation Studios, and wine tasted in Napa
1. Went off roading in Joshua Tree National Park.
2. Took Jacob’s Grandma to Grand Canyon and Zion National Park
3. Started taking a few kickboxing classes
1. Got our Global Entry Card.
2. Went home for the holidays.
3. Saw some really interesting animals at the Galapagos Islands.
I know we didn’t end up going on all the roadtrips that we had planned, but the year was filled with lots of adventure and unexpected travel. Gratitude quote of the week:
What was your favorite thing that happened in 2013?
This is week 18 of practicing gratitude on my blog. You can see all my other gratitude posts by clicking on the banner: