As soon as we moved out west, all these bright, colorful murals have been popping up in our hometown. I remember when Krog Street Tunnel used to be the main landmark for graffiti, but now these colorful murals are all over the city. If you’re visiting, here are the most popular instagram spots in Atlanta.
We learned that much of it started from the Living Walls conference in August 2010. They have since evolved to year-long projects, and it’s not simply about making amazing urban art but also about highlighting a number of problems facing the city.
This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: January 15, 2021
21 BEST INSTAGRAM SPOTS IN ATLANTA
While we were visiting friends and family in Atlanta, we also made it our mission to hunt down as many of them as possible and we’ve rounded them up in this post. Be sure to use the map below to navigate to each spot! Also, since these murals are constantly changing, let us know in the comments below if you see them covered up or replaced.
This one is hard to see from the road, but you’ll find it if you head down to the tunnel under the road.
Map of Most Instagrammable Places in Atlanta
Popular Instagram Props
Best Places to Stay in Atlanta GA
All the accommodations listed below have Tripadvisor’s Certificate of Excellence
- Waldorf Astoria, Buckhead (luxury) – Compare prices on booking and hotels.com. See reviews on Tripadvisor.
- Four Seasons Hotel, Midtown (luxury) – Compare prices on booking and expedia. See reviews on Tripadvisor.
- Artmore Hotel, Midtown (mid-range) – Compare prices on booking and hotels.com. See reviews on Tripadvisor.
- Georgian Terrace Hotel, Midtown (mid-range) – Compare prices on booking and hotels.com. See reviews on Tripadvisor.
- Country Inn & Suites, Atlanta Airport (budget) – Compare prices on booking and hotels.com. See reviews on Tripadvisor.
When you visit different cities, do you hunt down photo ops like these? What cities have you visited that had the best murals?
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, which is one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found both near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.