Adding new goals is always exciting because there’s something shiny and new to focus on, but I realized adding something new means I’m neglecting something old. Since I am always aiming to make SMART goals, I need to re-evaluate what my priorities are and possibly focus on less this month.
- Specific – Who, what when, where, and why.
- Measurable – How much / many? How do you know it’s accomplished.
- Attainable – Start with baby steps.
- Realistic – You can set your goals high, but they must be realistic.
- Timely / Tangible – Have a time frame. Someday won’t work.
Last month’s highlights on instagram:
- 4 Valuable Lessons in Marriage During Year 4
- RIP Robin Williams and My Battles with Depression
- 39 Foods You Need to Try at Disneyland
- Feeding Sharks at the Mandalay Bay Shark Reef Aquarium
- What We Really Thought about the Britney Spears Las Vegas Show
- Bake something new. Check! Can’t wait to share the new recipe.
- Go on six creative dates. So far 4, so I guess we’re rolling over again to next month! :P
- Skype with my parents at least once a week. Check!
- Read 1 book. 80% done with this book. SO FREAKIN CLOSE! *sigh
- Fill gratitude jar with four strips. Check!
- Schedule blog posts one week in advance. Finally! I’m a little ahead except for gratitude posts.
- Finish Couch to 5k. I skipped one week due to travel and then ended up repeating some days because I didn’t feel ready to move up, so I will two days shy of completing C25k this month.
- Walk 10k steps every other day for fitbit. I lost my fitbit (& finally got a new one) so sadly no. :(
- Practice half an hour of piano a day. I did not touch the piano at all.
- Send out my Lovely Letters Package on Time! Sent! Yay!!
- Bake something new.
- Go on six new dates.
- Skype with my parents at least once a week.
- Read 2 books. These are the next two I’m trying to get done.
- Fill gratitude jar with four strips.
- Schedule blog posts two weeks in advance.
- Finish Couch to 5k.
- Walk 10k steps every other day for fitbit.
- Send out my Lovely Letters Package on Time!
Have you been setting SMART goals? What’s are your new goals this month?
Every month I’ve been doing monthly goals. See how we’re doing on our 14 in 2014 resolutions or my previous monthly goals by clicking the banner below: