I may have done a stellar job keeping up with some of my goals, but I realized in making sure I was on top of the goals that I set on the blog, I ended up sacrificing a lot of my other time I normally spend talking to my friends and family. I hate that I ended up being “too busy” to skype with my parents, or to hang out with new friends, or to serve at church. A lesson I’m having to relearn every few months.
I read a quote recently that stopped me in my tracks.
I need to work on setting priorities. We all have the same amount of time as everyone else. The truth is, you can’t do it all (especially if you set a new goal every five minutes like me). My relationships suffered the most this month, so I am adding them to my goals list. Normally, I don’t write them out as goals because it’s a given or it then seems like an obligation, but it’s good to put it out there and be held accountable. At the end of the day, the people in my life are more important than getting an hour of piano practice in.. or reaching 10k steps on my fitbit. I need to remember that.
Last month’s highlights on instagram:
See more on our instagram (esther’s & jacob).
- 5 Reasons Why I Haven’t Left My Husband
- The next 5 on Our Wanderlust List – Where to next?
- How to Take Epic Fireworks Photos – Add Lightning!
- McWay Falls Big Sur California – Favorite Place in the US
- Butter Rum Cupcakes Recipe – Best cupcakes I’ve made so far!
- Do ONE pinterest project. This one just never gets done. :( Few more days left in the month!
- Bake something new. Yes. I made some red velvet whoopie pies, but I didn’t like the recipe I used.
- Go on six creative dates. We did 4. It’s so hard to get them in when you’re on the road all the time.
- Read 2 books. Started reading Goldfinch, but not doing great on this summer reading challenge.
- Fill gratitude jar with four strips. Done!
- Schedule blog posts one week in advance. Finally! I’ve never been able to do this before!
- Finish Couch to 5k. Oops. Totally didn’t realize it goes to week 9. I’m on track though!
- Practice one hour of piano a day. Yes. Now stumbling through page 5 of Chopin’s Ballade 4.
- Send out my Lovely Letters Package on Time! Woohoo! Even did it early!
- Start practicing calligraphy for at least 15 minutes every day. Did this while I was at home.
- Bake something new. Anyone have a good red velvet whoopie pie recipe? I’ve tried a few and they’re just okay.
- Go on six creative dates.
- Skype with my parents every week.
- Read 1 book. Just one!
- Fill gratitude jar with four strips.
- Schedule blog posts one week in advance.
- Finish Couch to 5k.
- Walk 10k steps every other day for fitbit.
- Practice half an hour of piano a day. Work on playing through page 6 of Chopin’s Ballade 4.
- Send out my Lovely Letters Package on Time!
How are you doing on your time management? Do you need to work on setting priorities?
Every month I’ve been doing monthly goals. See how we’re doing on our 14 in 2014 resolutions or my previous monthly goals by clicking the banner below: