We were still practicing our 100 days of less challenge in November, so we only ate at 8 Los Angeles restaurants / cafes / donut shops! I wish we could say that we were being extra picky this month with where we ate, but we just went for what was convenient or where our friends wanted to eat. :) Luckily, we found some gems along the way.
Los Angeles Restaurants | November Eats:
★★★★★ ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
- Donut Man (Glendora) – Still my fave donut place. Sad that strawberries are out of season, but the tiger tail is good too.
★★★★ REALLY LIKED IT
- Aroma Coffee and Tea Co (Studio City) – It’s a nice hangout spot with good garlic fries & desserts.
- Donut Snob (Arcadia) – Our donut snob friend took us to eat fancy donut snob donuts.
★★★ IT WAS GOOD
- Blu Jam Cafe (Fairfax) – Liked the crunchy french toast, but the benedict wasn’t anything special.
- Lala’s Argentine Grill (Studio City) – Big portions, good chicken, great mash potatoes.
- Din Tai Fung Dumpling House (Glendale) – First DTF I tried in the states. Good, but I would never go back.
★★ IT WAS MEH…
- Koreana Grill (Riverside) – It’s all you can eat. Quality wasn’t great, and neither were the prices.
- Daichan (Studio City) – so far from what we tried, it’s mediocre.
- Rollin Rib BBQ (Food Truck) – Had no idea you could mess up pulled pork that bad, but thankfully it was on youtube.
Here are all the previous months of exploring LA food:
What kind of food do you like to try in every city you visit? Do you have a specific dish? Ours is starting to be donuts and japanese food. I’ve been trying to shop more at farmer’s markets and to cook more because of our limit on eating out. I’ve noticed only simple and easy recipes have survived and made it onto our rotation. Do you have any easy recipes you can send me? :)