Our Places to Eat in LA list for June was also a little shorter because we tried out the paleo diet for a few weeks out of the month. You’ll see by the list that somehow we managed to fit in a ton of carbs before and after the diet. Oops!
Unlike last month’s eats where we tried out a lot of places by yelping 4+ star rated restaurants (they were disappointing), we started getting recommendations from friends. Thanks to our friends, we were not disappointed with our food choices whatsoever! :)
Macaroons from Bottega Louie (flavors: pistachio, earl grey, raspberry, strawberry, salted caramel):
Trying the pasta at Colori Kitchen! The pasta was cooked to perfection.
Places to Eat in LA | June Eats:
Love it! I’m going to be a regular!:
- Ramen Yamadaya (Sherman Oaks) IMO, I like this place better than Ramen Jinya.
- SushiStop (Encino) – it’s so cheap! not bad for everything on the menu being 2.75.
- Win’s Thai (North Hollywood)
- Bottega Louie (DTLA)
- Colori Kitchen (DTLA)
- The Pub at Golden Road (Glendale) – food’s terrible, but it’s a really cool place to hang out.
- 85C Bakery Cafe (Irvine) – it’s good, but don’t let people overhype it for you.
- Malibu Seafood (Malibu) – fresh seafood, nice outdoor area.
- Inn-N-Out Burger (everywhere) – a good cheap burger that you can’t leave CA w/o eating.
Pretty good, but I want to try what else is out there:
- Kaya (Irvine) – I ordered naengmyun (cold noodle soup) & everyone else’s food was better than mine
- Umami Burger (Studio City) – might try it one more time, but service was terrible
Not going back unless you pay for my meal, and I still might be kicking and screaming:
- N/A this month. Yaay! :)
*Disclaimer: When we travel to the opposite side of LA, expectations are much higher. I’m trying to be as objective as possible, but location plays a big factor on whether we want to be regulars. We don’t like to drive or sit in traffic if we can help it. You might also see that before venturing further out, we are exploring what’s closer to us in Studio City, North Hollywood, Sherman Oaks, and Burbank.
What are your favorite eats in LA?