For the month of September, we actually tried a lot of new food in LA. Our foodie friends were even in town one weekend, so we ate around the clock. We’re going to need this after all the food we’re going to be eating.
All the photos above were from my instagram and taken with an iPhone5.
I also modified my rating system. Instead of just having three categories, I decided to use the same 5 star rating system as yelp / goodreads. That way… they can match, and I don’t have to figure out whether a 2 or 4 stars round up or down. :D
Food in LA | September Eats:
★★★★★ ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
- The Donut Man (Glendora) – Best strawberry donuts I have ever tasted.
- Frances Bakery & Coffee (DTLA / Little Tokyo) – We love the blueberry “cronuts”.
- Porto’s Bakery & Cafe (Burbank) – We always order a dozen cheese rolls and potato balls to go!
- Baco Mercat (DTLA) – Everything we ordered was delicious.
- Ozero Tea & Desserts (DTLA / Little Tokyo)
★★★★ REALLY LIKED IT
- Wurstküche (DTLA) – Try the rattlesnake sausage.
- Umami Burger (Santa Monica) – We got the truffle burger & truffle fries. Truffle everything is delicious.
- Katsu-Ya (Studio City)
- Tsujita LA Artisan Noodle (West LA) – They only serve ramen during lunch.
- Alien Fresh Jerky (Baker en route to Vegas) – Our fave flavor is the southwest hot.
★★★ IT WAS GOOD
- Ink (West Hollywood) – We liked 2/3 of the dishes. The octopus was our fave.
- Urth Caffe (Pasadena) – The earl grey boba is surprisingly good, but the pizza was just okay.
- DK’s Donuts & Bakery (Santa Monica) – We liked their bacon maple (cr)onut best.
- Semi Sweet Bakery (DTLA) – I still want to try their savory crullants.
- Pho 999 (Van Nuys) – It’s not bad for being so close to us.
- SK’s Donuts & Croissant (Mid-City West) – Get the blueberry donuts over the cronuts.
- Harajuku Crepe (Beverly Hills) – I like how they have earl grey flavored crepes.
- Tsujita LA Annex (West LA) – It’s good, but not as good as their sister store across the street.
★★ IT WAS MEH…
- N/A – yay!
Here are all the previous months of exploring LA food:
This next month will be an interesting one because of the 100 days of less challenge. Since we can only eat out twice a week, we’re going to have to be more selective about where we go. And I’m going to have to teach myself how to cook everyday meals.
Where’s your absolute favorite place to eat in your hometown? Still adding to my food & travel list. :)
You can also see our final list of 49 Fave Places to Eat in LA and other local adventures in LA if you click the banner below: