Whether you’re a local or are visiting, here is a list of black owned restaurants in Las Vegas where you can show your support.
This is just one of many ways you can stand with the Black community, and today on Local Adventurer, we’re highlighting local Black-owned restaurants in Las Vegas (you can also see our post for Atlanta).
We’ve been asking ourselves how we can be better allies. Earlier this week, we tried to look online to see if there was a good resource to share but didn’t find anything up to date, comprehensive, or easy to use, so we decided to do a little leg work and call to make sure they’re all open.
Note: We listed the phone numbers since it’s a rapidly changing situation with how COVID19 has affected businesses. Business hours can even change day to day so call and ask before you go. We also wrote some notes if there are restrictions, like curbside pick up or take out only.
Any ad revenue or affiliate sales earned from this post will go towards ACLU. This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: July 12, 2020
39 Black Owned Restaurants in Las Vegas Where You Can Show Your Support
We’re all about trying new things, whether visiting new places, having new experiences, or trying new restaurants, and we hope this will help you find some of your favorite restaurants on your next food adventure.
We’ll continue to update this post as we learn more, so check back to see when it’s last updated.
The Strip + Paradise
- Braud’s Funnel Cake Cafe ($, Desserts) 6605 S Las Vegas Blvd, 89119 | 702-518-8175
- Dōmazing ($, Deserts) 6659 S Las Vegas Blvd, 89119 | 725-204-9873 | Take Out Only
- Fry Dayz Fish And Wings ($, Paradise) / 855 E Twain Ave #107, 89169 | 702-790-2197 – Takeout only and you are required to wear a mask when you enter.
- Philly Freeze-Me ($, Ice Cream) 855 E Twain Ave suite 118, 89169 | 702-201-1056 – Currently closed but opening Jun 6, 2020.
- Nigerian Cuisine ($, Nigerian) 5006 S Maryland Pkwy Ste 11, 89119 | 702-798-0303
- Eat ($, New American, Brunch) 707 Carson Ave 89101 | 702-534-1515
- Las Vegas Kettle Corn ($, Specialty Food) | 707 E Fremont Ste 1280, 89101 | 702-567-1600
- Old Soul ($, New American) 495 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106 | 702-534-0999 – No pick up but looks like they are doing pop ups based on social.
- Simply Pure by Chef Stacey Dougan ($, Juice Bar, Breakfast & Brunch) 707 Fremont St Ste 1310 89101 | 702-810-5641
- BirdCage ($, Burgers, Wings, Centennial) 1916 N Decatur Blvd, 89031 | 702-936-1338
- Ditmos Cafe ($, Soul Food, Centennial) 2067 N Jones Blvd, 89108 | 702-463-1285 – Currently curbside pick up only.
- Let’s Fry This ($, Southern, Centennial) 1927 N Decatur Blvd, 89108 | 702-333-1233 – Curbside pickup and cash only.
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles ($, Soul Food, Centennial) 2040 N Rainbow Blvd, 89108 | 702-483-4311
- Phat Snackz ($, Soul Food, Centennial) 5081 N Rainbow Blvd #100, 89130 | 702-551-7002
- Yourway Breakfast + Lunch ($, Breakfast & Brunch, Centennial) 6121 W Lake Mead Blvd Suite 110, 89108 | 725-214-4445
- Axum Restaurant ($, Ethiopian, Eastside) 860 E Twain Ave, 89169 | 702-693-6230 – can only get a busy signal
- Big Chicken ($, Chicken, Eastside) 4480 Paradise Rd 89169 | 702-675-3333
- Catchers Fish House ($, Seafood, Eastside) 900 E Karen Ave, 89109 | 702-844-8200 – best fried seafood we’ve had in a while (pictured below). The shrimp was cooked perfectly.
Henderson + Southeast
- Big Jerk ($, Caribbean, Southeast) 430 E Silverado Ranch Blvd, 89183 | 702-427-5267 – They have dine-in but everything is served in takeout boxes. We loved the ribs and chicken combo with mac and cheese.
- Big Mamas Wings & Things ($, Chicken Wings) 2833 N Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson 89014 | 702-405-0599 – only takeout.
- BurgerIM ($, Burgers, Silverado Ranch) 9635 Bermuda Rd 89123 | 702-724-9400 – Reopening June 11, 2020
- The Cereal Killerz Kitchen ($, Breakfast Brunch + Ice Cream) 1300 W Sunset Rd Ste 2837 Henderson 89014 | 725-205-4570 – pictured below is the Lebron James taco.
- Homies Cinnamon Rolls Comfort Cafe ($, Breakfast Brunch + Bakery, Southeast) 3035 E Tropicana Ave Ste E, 89121 | 702-433-0839 – we got the classic and apple cinnamon roll.
North Las Vegas
- EllaEm’s Soul Food ($, Soul Food) 775 W Craig Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032 | 702-823-4444
- Fish Cage ($, Seafood) 3940 N M.L.K. Blvd, North Las Vegas, 89032 | 702-586-1400
- Gritz Cafe ($, Soul Food) 1911 Stella Lake St #150, 89106 | 702-255-4748
- Mama’s Kitchen ($, Southern) 1445 W Alexander Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032 | 323-833-4339
- Soul Foo Young ($, Soul Food, Chinese) 1216 W Owens Ave, 89106 | 702-539-0333
- Cafe Luhena ($, Ethiopian, Spring Valley) 4825 W Flamingo Rd #1, 89103 | 702-901-7280 – Dining in is by reservation only.
- NU Ethiopian Kitchen ($, Ethiopian, Vegan, Spring Valley), 4230 S Decatur Blvd #200, 89103 | 702-331-5776
- Tasty Island Jamaican Restaurant ($, Caribbean, Spring Valley) / 6820 W Flamingo Rd # H, 89103 | 702-222-0002 – Take out only.
- Annie’s Kitchen ($, BBQ, North Las Vegas) 1212 D St, 89106 | 725-214-6062
- Asmara Restaurant ($, Ethiopian, Eritrean, Spring Valley) 4180 W Desert Inn Rd 89102 | 702-910-8373 – Closed now and renovating.
- Best Meat Co ($, BBQ, Soul Food, North Las Vegas) 2362 Lexington St, 89106 | 702-478-9038
- Buldogis Gourmet Hot Dogs ($, Hot Dogs, Korean, Westside) 2291 S Fort Apache Rd, 89117 | 702-570-7560 – has a couple tables for outside dining.
- Call Me Cake ($, Soul Food, Westside/Peccole) 450 S Buffalo Dr #115 114, 89145 | 702-570-7780 – Take out only
- Mad Hatter Cupcakes ($, Bakeries, Westside) 4195 S Grand Canyon Dr #105, 89147 | 702-893-2253
- Paradise Place Jamaican Cuisine ($, Caribbean, Westside/Peccole) 7365 W Sahara Ave b, 89117 | 702-834-8188
Map of Black Owned Restaurants
Black Owned Restaurants That Closed
These are restaurants we saw on other lists that are either permanently closed or we can’t confirm yet whether they are open. Please let us know in the comments if you have news on these restaurants reopening.
- Angry Blasian ($, Korean, Southern, Sunrise) Permanently Closed
- Avery’s Coffee ($, Coffee, Westside) – the number doesn’t exist anymore and yelp says it’s closed.
- Chicks and Butts (Soul Food, BBQ, the Strip) 3743 Las Vegas Blvd S #118-119, 89109 | 888-920-0747 – kept getting busy signal.
- Chow (Downtown) Permanently Closed
- Delta Soul (Soul Food, Westside) Meadows Mall, 4300 Meadows Ln, 89107 | 888-920-0747 – the same number as Chicks and Butts with busy signal
- J Gumbo’s (Chinatown) Permanently Closed
- Krab Kingz Seafood($, Seafood) 702-518-6951 – got nondescript voicemail and google says temporarily closed.
- Louisiana Famous Fried Chicken LV – Number Not in Service.
- M&M Soul Food Cafe ($, Soul Food) 702-453-7685 – yelp says closed and they did not pick up.
- Melkam Market (Ethiopian, ) 4230 S Decatur Blvd #600, 89103 | 702-909-7267 – They are not serving food right now, but the market is open.
- P. Dub’s BBQ ($, Soul Food, Eastside) 3528 S Maryland Pkwy, 89169 | 702-265-8320 – went to nondescript voicemail.
- Pandora’s BURGER’S ($, Burgers, North Las Vegas) 3131 W Craig Rd Ste 110 North Las Vegas, NV 89032 | 702-636-9859 – busy signal
- Pour Coffeehouse ($, Coffee, Southeast) 6811 South Eastern Avenue #104-D, 89119 | 702-235-3561 – reopening in early fall.
- Ras Hookah (Ethiopian, Hookah Bars, The Strip) 4780 W Tropicana Ave Ste 106, 89103 | 702-220-5304 – nondescript voicemail.
- Seble Market and Cafe (Coffee) 4360 S Decatur Blvd 89103 | 702-816-5255
- TC’s Rib Crib – Permanently Closed
- Call ahead before visiting any of these spots. We made notes where we could but hours may still change day-to-day. Some restaurants told us they close early if there isn’t enough business that day. Plus, some places aren’t open for dine-in quite yet.
- Masks are recommended when visiting these spots. When we visited one restaurant, they required a mask to enter. They sold them there, but it’s always good to have your own.
- Since we’re still in this pandemic, it’s important to wash your hands thoroughly and try your best to socially distance while dining in.
- Help us keep the list up-to-date. If you find out any info that we can add, or include any additional restaurants, email us at [email protected]
Places You Can Donate
How many of these black owned restaurants have you tried? I know some directories require payment to be a part of it, and we wanted this list to be as comprehensive as possible. If you want to be part of this list, please email he[email protected]
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, which is one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found both near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.