Whether you’re a local or are visiting, here is a list of black owned restaurants in Las Vegas where you can show your support.
This is just one of many ways you can stand with the Black community, and today on Local Adventurer, we’re highlighting local Black-owned restaurants in Las Vegas (you can also see our post for Atlanta).
We’ve been asking ourselves how we can be better allies. Earlier this week, we tried to look online to see if there was a good resource to share but didn’t find anything up to date, comprehensive, or easy to use, so we decided to do a little leg work and call to make sure they’re all open.
Any ad revenue or affiliate sales earned from this post will go toward ACLU. This post may contain affiliate links, where we receive a small commission on sales of the products that are linked at no additional cost to you. All opinions are always our own. Read our full disclosure for more info. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.
Last Updated: April 13, 2023
31 Black Owned Restaurants in Las Vegas Where You Can Show Your Support
We’re all about trying new things, whether visiting new places, having new experiences, or trying new restaurants, and we hope this will help you find some of your favorite restaurants on your next food adventure.
We’ll continue to update this post as we learn more, so check back to see when it’s last updated.
The Strip + Paradise
- Braud’s Funnel Cake Cafe ($, Desserts) 6605 S Las Vegas Blvd, 89119 | 702-518-8175
- Dōmazing ($, Deserts) 6659 S Las Vegas Blvd, 89119 | 725-204-9873
- Philly Freeze-Me ($, Ice Cream) 855 E Twain Ave suite 118, 89169 | 702-201-1056
- Nigerian Cuisine ($, Nigerian) 5006 S Maryland Pkwy Ste 11, 89119 | 702-798-0303
- Classic Jewel ($$, Cocktail bars) 353 E Bonneville Ave Ste 111 Las Vegas, NV 89101 | 702-722-6750
- Eat ($, New American, Brunch) 707 Carson Ave 89101 | 702-534-1515
- Las Vegas Kettle Corn ($, Specialty Food) | 707 E Fremont Ste 1280, 89101 | 702-567-1600
- Sin City Seafood Kitchen ($$, Seafood / Lounges) | 353 E Bonneville Ave | 702-268-7838 – The Lobster and Shrimp Mac and Cheese is amazing (see our Reel here). They also have entertainment every night.
- BirdCage ($, Burgers, Wings, Centennial) 1916 N Decatur Blvd, 89031 | 702-936-1338
- Lo-Lo’s Chicken & Waffles ($, Soul Food, Centennial) 2040 N Rainbow Blvd, 89108 | 702-483-4311
- Phat Snackz ($, Soul Food, Centennial) 5081 N Rainbow Blvd #100, 89130 | 702-551-7002 (Temporarily Closed)
- Yourway Breakfast + Lunch ($, Breakfast & Brunch, Centennial) 6121 W Lake Mead Blvd Suite 110, 89108 | 725-214-4445
See More: 101 Things to Do in Las Vegas Nevada
- Big Chicken ($, Chicken, Eastside) 4480 Paradise Rd 89169 | 702-675-3333
- Jerk Dat ($$, Carribean) 4734 E Flamingo Rd Las Vegas, NV 89121 | 702-474-0360
- Zenaida’s Cafe ($, Breakfast & Brunch, Eastside) 3430 E Tropicana Ave Ste 32, 89121 | 702-476-3117 – On Yelp’s Top 100 Restaurants in 2023. Check out our Reel here.
Henderson + Southeast
- Big Mamas Wings & Things ($, Chicken Wings) 2833 N Green Valley Pkwy, Henderson 89014 | 702-405-0599
- The Coffee Class ($, Coffee, Breakfast) 8878 S Eastern Ave Ste 102 Las Vegas, NV 89123 | 702-998-2501
- Hot 24 / 7 BBQ ($$, BBQ, Soulfood) 716 Center St Ste 130 Henderson, NV 89015 | 725-735-5373 | Takeout & Outdoor Seating
See More: 101 Things to Do in Las Vegas Nevada
North Las Vegas
- EllaEm’s Soul Food ($, Soul Food) 775 W Craig Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032 | 702-823-4444
- Fish Cage ($, Seafood) 3940 N M.L.K. Blvd, North Las Vegas, 89032 | 702-586-1400
- Gritz Cafe ($, Soul Food) 1911 Stella Lake St #150, 89106 | 702-255-4748
- Mama’s Kitchen ($, Southern) 1445 W Alexander Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032 | 323-833-4339
- Soul Foo Young ($, Soul Food, Chinese) 1216 W Owens Ave, 89106 | 702-539-0333
- Soul Food Cafe ($, Soul Food, Southwest) 7320 S Rainbow Blvd Ste 112 89139 | 702-998-9780 – Take out only.
- Cafe Luhena ($, Ethiopian, Spring Valley) 4825 W Flamingo Rd #1, 89103 | 702-901-7280
- Tasty Island Jamaican Restaurant ($, Caribbean, Spring Valley) / 6820 W Flamingo Rd # H, 89103 | 702-222-0002
- Annie’s Kitchen ($, BBQ, North Las Vegas) 1212 D St, 89106 | 725-214-6062
- The Cereal Killerz Kitchen ($, Breakfast Brunch + Ice Cream) 7540 Oso Blanca Rd 89149 | 702-268-8228 – pictured below is the Lebron James taco. They actually have 3 locations – one on the Strip, one in Henderson, and this one is the Centennial Hills location.
- Best Meat Co ($, BBQ, Soul Food, North Las Vegas) 2362 Lexington St, 89106 | 702-478-9038
- Buldogis Gourmet Hot Dogs ($, Hot Dogs, Korean, Westside) 2291 S Fort Apache Rd, 89117 | 702-570-7560 – has a couple tables for outside dining.
- Paradise Place Jamaican Cuisine ($, Caribbean, Westside/Peccole) 7365 W Sahara Ave b, 89117 | 702-834-8188
See More: 49 Best Places to Eat in Las Vegas
Map of Black Owned Restaurants
Black Owned Restaurants that Closed
These are restaurants we saw on other lists that are either permanently closed or we called and couldn’t confirm whether they are open. Please let us know in the comments if you have news on these restaurants reopening.
- Angry Blasian ($, Korean, Southern, Sunrise) Permanently Closed
- Asmara Restaurant ($, Ethiopian, Eritrean, Spring Valley) 4180 W Desert Inn Rd 89102 | 702-910-8373
- Avery’s Coffee ($, Coffee, Westside) – the number doesn’t exist anymore and yelp says it’s closed.
- Big Jerk ($, Caribbean, Southeast) 430 E Silverado Ranch Blvd, 89183 | 702-427-5267 – They have dine-in but everything is served in takeout boxes. We loved the ribs and chicken combo with mac and cheese.
- Call Me Cake ($, Soul Food, Westside/Peccole) 450 S Buffalo Dr #115 114, 89145 | 702-570-7780 – Permanently Closed
- Catchers Fish House ($, Seafood, Eastside) 900 E Karen Ave, 89109 | 702-844-8200 – best fried seafood we’ve had in a while – Permanently Closed
- Chicks and Butts (Soul Food, BBQ, the Strip) 3743 Las Vegas Blvd S #118-119, 89109 | 888-920-0747 – kept getting busy signal.
- Chow (Downtown) Permanently Closed
- Delta Soul (Soul Food, Westside) Meadows Mall, 4300 Meadows Ln, 89107 | 888-920-0747 – the same number as Chicks and Butts with busy signal
- Ditmos Cafe ($, Soul Food, Centennial)
- Fry Dayz Fish And Wings ($, Paradise) / 855 E Twain Ave #107, 89169 | 702-790-2197
- Homies Cinnamon Rolls Comfort Cafe ($, Breakfast Brunch + Bakery, Southeast) 3035 E Tropicana Ave Ste E, 89121 | 702-433-0839
- J Gumbo’s (Chinatown) Permanently Closed
- Krab Kingz Seafood($, Seafood) 702-518-6951 – got nondescript voicemail and google says temporarily closed.
- Let’s Fry This ($, Southern, Centennial)
- Louisiana Famous Fried Chicken LV – Number Not in Service.
- M&M Soul Food Cafe ($, Soul Food) 702-453-7685 – yelp says closed and they did not pick up.
- Melkam Market (Ethiopian, ) 4230 S Decatur Blvd #600, 89103 | 702-909-7267 – They are not serving food right now, but the market is open.
- NU Ethiopian Kitchen ($, Ethiopian, Vegan, Spring Valley)
- Old Soul ($, New American) CLOSED
- P. Dub’s BBQ ($, Soul Food, Eastside) 3528 S Maryland Pkwy, 89169 | 702-265-8320 – went to nondescript voicemail.
- Pandora’s BURGER’S ($, Burgers, North Las Vegas) 3131 W Craig Rd Ste 110 North Las Vegas, NV 89032 | 702-636-9859 – busy signal
- POTs ($$, Vegan, Egyptian 1745 S Rainbow Blvd Ste a Las Vegas, NV 89146 | 702-893-2253
- Pour Coffeehouse ($, Coffee, Southeast) 6811 South Eastern Avenue #104-D, 89119 | 702-235-3561 – reopening in early fall.
- Ras Hookah (Ethiopian, Hookah Bars, The Strip) 4780 W Tropicana Ave Ste 106, 89103 | 702-220-5304 – nondescript voicemail.
- Seble Market and Cafe (Coffee) 4360 S Decatur Blvd 89103 | 702-816-5255
- Simply Pure by Chef Stacey Dougan ($, Juice Bar, Breakfast & Brunch) 707 Fremont St Ste 1310 89101 | 702-810-5641 – Permanently Closed
- TC’s Rib Crib – Permanently Closed
- Call ahead before visiting any of these spots. We made notes where we could but hours may still change day-to-day. Some restaurants told us they close early if there isn’t enough business that day. Plus, a few places aren’t open for dine-in yet.
- Masks are recommended when visiting these spots. When we visited one restaurant, they required a mask to enter. They sold them there, but it’s always good to have your own.
- Help us keep the list up-to-date. If you find out any info that we can add, or include any additional restaurants, email us at [email protected].
Places You Can Donate
- American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- Equal Justice Initiative (EJI) – watch Just Mercy
- Ahmaud Arbery Fund
- Breonna Taylor Fund
- George Floyd Memorial Fund
- David McAtee Fund
Also, check the charity rating on Charity Navigator and learn how to evaluate charities not currently rated.
Best Places to Stay in Las Vegas
- Get comprehensive insurance for your trip.
- Download these helpful language apps.
- Find a great deal on Las Vegas hotels.
- Arrange a rental car for your trip.
- Book a tour for your visit.
- Get airport lounge access.
- Buy a travel charger to keep your devices charged.
- Get a new backpack for your trip.
- Buy a Las Vegas travel guide.
- Pack the appropriate shoes for your trip.
- Don’t forget your in-flight essentials.
- Save money on attractions with a Go City Pass.
How many of these black owned restaurants have you tried? I know some directories require payment to be a part of it, and we wanted this list to be as comprehensive as possible. If you are a black owned business and want to be part of this list, please email [email protected].
Did you enjoy this post? Pin it for later
SEE MORE LAS VEGAS GUIDES
“Discovery consists not of seeking new lands but in seeing with new eyes” – M. Proust
Esther + Jacob
Esther and Jacob are the founders of Local Adventurer, one of the top 5 travel blogs in the US. They believe that adventure can be found near and far and hope to inspire others to explore locally. They explore a new city in depth every year and currently base themselves in Las Vegas.
Follow along on Instagram (E + J), YouTube, TikTok, and Pinterest.