Chick-fil-a is a staple in Atlanta. Most of our friends who leave Atlanta always have to stop by when they come back to visit. We had to stop by the original Chick-fil-a before we left! Truett Cathy opened his first restaurant in 1946 called The Dwarf Grill later renamed to the Dwarf House. This is where he developed the pressure-cooked chicken breast sandwich. Now half of the store is a typical Chick-fil-a with its regular menu, and the other half is a diner with an extended menu.
Sweet potato soufflé on left. Jacob eating a chicken sandwich on the right:
Peach fried pie on left. Hot Brown on right:
The Original Chick-fil-A Dwarf House Address
461 N Central Ave
Hapeville, GA 30354
Phone: (404) 762-1746
WHAT WE ORDERED:
- Chick-fil-A sandwich: Jacob liked it better than the typical fast food locations!
- Hot Brown: Bite sized pieces of chicken in a thick cream sauce, topped with melted cheddar cheese, paprika, sliced bacon, and toast. It was very filling. It was good, except I wished the chicken was shredded pieces instead of little cubes.
- Sweet Potato Soufflé
- Peach Fried Pie: Not bad. Not amazing. I had high expectations because it was on this list.
- Sweet Potato Fried Pie: I liked this one better!
TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT:
- It’s perfect for when you are dropping off or picking up people from the airport.
- It’s open 24 hours except for Sunday.
- Walk through the dwarf door and take some photos.
- Take the chance to sit down at their full service diner side
- If you want to learn more about the Chick-fil-A story, you can read Truett Cathy’s book.
<div align="center"><a href="http://estherandjacob.com/tag/local-adventures" title="Local Adventurer" target="_blank"><img src="https://localadventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Local-Adventurer_1x.jpg" width="250" alt="Local Adventurer" style="border:none;" /></a></div>