Welcome to Lovely Letters, a pen pal program for bloggers, where we pair you up with a new partner every month and you swap snail mail. This month I’m co-hosting with Hsiao-Ting, so go show her some love on her blog! We try our best to pair you up with a blogger in a different country so that you can make friends all over the globe! See all the previous exchanges here.
Last month we had 30+ participants and the theme was Hometown. Trying to define hometown was interesting for me, because I’ve always been on the move. I moved every year or every half year when I was growing up, which made it difficult to stay attached to any one place. If I’m honest, Atlanta feels the most like home, because I’ve lived there the longest. But as we move from city to city, we’re trying to figure out how to grow roots, find community, and make it “home”.. no matter how temporary it is.
This month my partner was the lovely Emily of VivreBlog who is from Silicon Valley. I’ve enjoyed getting to know Emily through her blog and through email, and after seeing all her recommendations on what to do and eat in Silicon Valley, I look forward to visiting the bay area soon! :)
Included in package:
one lovely letter
notebook with “california poppies” personalized on the back with SF skyline
Since I didn’t have one “hometown”, my package had a mix of what reminded me of Korea, ATL, and LV. :)
Dates to remember for SEPTEMBER’s Snail Mail Exchange:
- Sign ups are open until Sept 6th midnight EST. You can sign up HERE (FOR BLOGGERS ONLY. If you don’t have a blog, you can always start one!)
- You will get your pen pal pairings by the 9th and begin getting to know your partner.
- Send out your packages by Sept 20th. Stay under the 7 USD limit and the THEME: Comfort
- Write about your experience and link up on Sept 26th (the last Friday of the month).
LOVELY LETTERS LINK UP RULES
1. Share your about the lovely letters you received and/or sent out and the new pals you made and link up below. Unrelated entries or ones linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so that others can join in on the fun! Feel free to use the button below!
<div align="center"><a href="http://localadventurer.com/lovely-letters/" title="Lovely Letters Snail Mail Exchange"><img src="http://localadventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/LovelyLetters.png" alt="Lovely Letters Snail Mail Exchange" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY you MUST visit the person’s blog post linked up directly before you and leave them a comment. It helps build community + they might be your partner in a future exchange. :)
Since everyone is getting their packages at different times, the link up will be open until Sept 26th.
Please contact me if you have participated in a previous exchange, and you’d like to co-host a Lovely Letters link up. For more detailed info READ THIS. If you want to tweet about it, you can use the hashtag #lovelyletters or tag @estherjulee to be retweeted.