Welcome to Lovely Letters, a snail mail exchange where we pair you up with new blogger pen pals every month. We try our best to pair you up with someone in a different country or at least a different part of the country so you can have friends wherever you go! See all the previous exchanges here.
This month my partner was Judy from Santa Clara. I have been encouraged by reading her blog posts. I love her blog name and tag line “My Skin and Bones are a Rental: This Time is Borrowed and Here is My Log.” I finished my weekly gratitude series recently, but Judy currently does a Thankful Thursdays series, so you can continue to practice gratitude with her!
We’re currently in Greece, so I’ll be updating this post later with the package Judy sent me. Meanwhile, this is what I sent out for this month’s theme: COMFORT.
Included in package:
one lovely letter
eye mask for travel
japanese kit kats
scarf for warmer weather
**UPDATE: I loved the package Judy put together for me. I’m listening to her CD and wearing the red cat slippers as I’m writing this! :) Also eating the botan rice candies and ice pops (jju jju ba) brings back so many childhood memories. So thankful for her package!
Dates to remember for OCTOBER’s Snail Mail Exchange:
- Sign ups are open until Oct 6th midnight EST. You can sign up HERE (FOR BLOGGERS ONLY. If you don’t have a blog, you can always start one!)
- You will get paired with your pen pals by the 9th and begin getting to know them.
- Send out your packages by Oct 20th. Stay under the 7 USD limit and the THEME: Fall/Halloween
- TRACKING ON PACKAGES ARE NOW REQUIRED TO PREVENT LOST MAIL.
- Write about your experience and link up on Oct 31st (the last Friday of the month).
LOVELY LETTERS LINK UP RULES
1. Share a post about the lovely letters you received and/or sent out and the new pals you made and link up below. Unrelated entries or ones linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so that others can join in on the fun! Feel free to use the button below!
<div align="center"><a href="http://localadventurer.com/lovely-letters/" title="Lovely Letters Snail Mail Exchange"><img src="https://cdn.localadventurer.com/2014/04/LovelyLetters.png?auto=compress%2Cformat&ixlib=php-1.2.1&q=50&s=5044579ac1149ae6ad8daf383c95e2eb" alt="Lovely Letters Snail Mail Exchange" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY you MUST visit the person’s blog post linked up directly before you and leave them a comment. It helps build community + they might be your partner in a future exchange. :)
Since everyone is getting their packages at different times, the link up will be open until Oct 31st.
This month I’m co-hosting with Paige again who will now be a Lovely Letters co-host on a semi-regular basis. I love all her outdoor adventures and her 52 lists series on her blog, so go check them out!
Please contact me if you have participated in a previous exchange, and you’d like to co-host a Lovely Letters link up. For more detailed info READ THIS. If you want to tweet about it, you can use the hashtag #lovelyletters or tag @estherjulee to be retweeted.