Last week we got a taste of what it feels like to skydive without having to get on a plane and jump out! We went to Vegas Indoor Skydiving where indoor skydiving all began. It was the first wind tunnel in the US that was open to the public and has been around since 1982.
This was such a fun and unique experience. I ended up being the best of our group! I’m gloating because I’m usually the uncoordinated one that takes the longest to get the hang of anything, but on my second flight, the instructor even flew up with me! We both got some decent flights, and Jacob was tossed like a pizza a couple times. It was also cool to see that they’ve had all sorts of celebrities come in to fly with them like Leonardo Dicaprio, Jonas Brothers, Celine Dion, and more.
Book your flight here!
Get $25 off a single flight with a valid local ID.
Vegas Indoor Skydiving
200 Convention Center Dr.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89109
ABOUT VEGAS INDOOR SKYDIVING AND TIPS FOR YOUR VISIT:
- The wind tunnel itself is about 22 feet high from the trampoline floor to the top net and 12 feet across. The fan is a DC3 propeller that is powered by a 1200 hp electric motor.
- They accommodate up to 170 participants 0n regular business day.
- A repeat flight is only $40 with your original receipt and within 3 days of a Single Flight.
- Must meet the weight requirements, but participants from age 4 to over 104 have indoor skydived.
- It gets pretty hot in there. I thought the air would be cooler, but the wind tunnel was warm.
- They will provide you with a flight suit, goggles, earbuds, and helmet.
- Dress in comfortable clothes and wear secure shoes.
- Leave your jewelry at home. They recommend even taking out your stud earrings. Otherwise, they provide ziplock bags and lockers with keys.
- There are gift certificates available to purchase over the phone. If you remember Jacob’s birthday post, we’re all about experiential gifts! :)
- If you want to try this during the holiday season, make a reservation at least 24 hours in advance, because it gets really busy.
If you blog local adventures link up here and feel free to use the button below:
<div align="center"><a href="http://estherandjacob.com/tag/local-adventures" title="Local Adventurer" target="_blank"><img src="http://localadventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Local-Adventurer_1x.jpg" width="250" alt="Local Adventurer" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
Have you gone or would you guys go indoor skydiving?
What about outdoor skydiving?
How was your experience?