Hey there! We’d like to welcome you to the Maximize Your Month Linkup where we share our goals and motivate one another to pursue our dreams. We’d love for you to a part of our community. Join us by adding a link to your own goals post at the bottom of the post.
Last month I challenged myself to drink a gallon of water a day, because I wasn’t convinced this article was entirely true. I’ve seen people try different methods, but I found what worked for me. Do you really need tips for something as simple as drinking water?
Well, yes… you do… if you hate it as much as I do.
Here’s what I learned and some tips if you’re trying to do it too!
HOW TO DRINK MORE WATER:
- Break it up! A gallon of water a day might sound daunting, but if you break it up into 8 pint glasses a day, it’s not all that bad.
- Take out the obstacles / do them first thing in the morning. I poured my 8 glasses in the morning and always had one in front of me while I’m working away on the computer. The rest of them were in the fridge waiting to be swapped out.
- Always have a bottle of water with you. The hardest days for finishing my 8 glasses is when we were out and about. I brought along my favorite 1 L bottle = approx 2 pint glasses.
- It’s not cheating if you add a little flavor. Hey, whatever helps! Just don’t overdo it. :P I loved trying everly from my Causebox or adding fresh fruit.
- Get an early start. I think the most I could chug at the end of the day was 4 cups without feeling sick.
WHAT ELSE I LEARNED:
- I still hate drinking water. That may never change, but I gotta do what’s good for my body.
- Even if I hate water, if I leave it on my desk, I’ll voluntarily drink it, because I will drink or eat just about anything that happens to be in front of me.
- The more water I drink, the thirstier I am. I find that to be strange. My body used to be so dehydrated that maybe it learned not to crave water.
- You will lose weight. I often don’t realize that when I feel hungry, I’m actually just thirsty. I didn’t measure my weight mainly because we have no scale, but my pants fit looser.
- I had to pee all the time! It was especially inconvenient for road trips.
- Drinking more water will help regulate bowel movements. TMI? :P
BEFORE & AFTER (Can you see any difference?):
Doesn’t seem like my face changed much. I should have done before and after shots of my body!
Last month’s highlights on instagram:
♥ 21 Great American Road Trips to Put on Your Bucket List
♥ Ultimate Cruise Calendar: Where and When to Go
♥ 21 Things to Do in Cabo San Lucas + 1 Thing You Should Never Do
♥ Learning to Scuba Dive
♥ Caravan Safari through San Diego Wild Animal Park
♥ 15 Popular Day Trips from San Diego
♥ Feeding Lions, Tigers, and Grizzly Bears (oh my!)
♥ How to Make Money Blogging (What I learned over 3 years)
P.S. Sorry, there were so many this month! I had a hard time picking my favorites. Do you guys even like these blog post recaps? Is this post too busy? Should I get rid of them?
For August’s 30 day (or 31 day) goal, I want to read at least 30 minutes every day. Hopefully, it will be easy after coming back from our Turks and Caicos trip. Usually going abroad means I read more, since I’m not glued to my computer. Have you seen my summer reading list? It ain’t lookin so hot!
<div align="center"><a href="http://localadventurer.com/tag/maximize-your-month" title="Maximize Your Month Goal Setting Blogging Community"><img src="https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/wz5KYtUZUrgWk-q209Get3JY78VjVMRTcHa85pNOUXM=w300-h107-no" alt="Maximize Your Month" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
What are you currently reading?
What are your all time favorite reads? Top 5?