Mykonos is known as the party island. They take their partying seriously. There is a stretch of beaches that let you drink, dance, and play all night and day, but that wasn’t quite the beach scene we were looking for. We much prefer a laid back, relaxing experience where we can nap and soak up the sun. Although Agios Sostis is our favorite beach on Mykonos, it doesn’t have any amenities.
We went in search for a beach that had chairs, umbrellas, and drinks and that led us to Elia Beach. It’s on the south side of the island and is the largest of the south chain of Mykonos beaches. It’s also farther east from the popular party beaches.
Since most of the nicer beaches were not walkable, we rented a tiny car for the day. :)
All photos taken with a Canon 5D Mark III and 35 mm f/1.4 L lens.
Elia Beach Address:
Ελιά Μυκόνου, Elia Beach 846 00
+30 2289 071204
Tips for Visiting Elia Beach Mykonos Greece:
- To get to this beach, rent a car, take an ATV, or take public transportation from the main town.
- If you need to rent a car, talk to your hotel concierge. They were able to help us find the car size we wanted for the best price, which all depends on what’s available.
- We recommend renting a car over ATV for transportation. Our friend’s ATV almost broke down going up and down the steep hill to get to this beach.
- There is a restaurant and bar where you can order food and drinks at this beach.
- To save money, you can still bring your own beach towel and find a place to call your own.
- If you’re facing the beach, the far left side is a private beach that belongs to the Royal Myconian Hotel and the far right side has a cove that is for nudists.
- If you’re looking for more of a thrill, they also have jet-skis, para-sailing, windsurfing, or boating available.
What amenities do you look for at the perfect beach?
What are your beach essentials?