Before I share our photos from our Greece trip, I wanted to start off with a post on what to pack for Greece. We’re always trying to figure out ways to pack lighter. After this trip with our friend who is constantly traveling to remote parts of the world for work, we hope to eventually pack everything in a 17″ carry on like her. Her packing is ridiculously impressive. For now, we both have a normal 21.5″ size carry on, but we left plenty of space for gifts to carry back home. Maybe we’ll try packing in one next time. :)
WHAT TO PACK FOR GREECE // 10 DAYS IN A CARRY ON:
Tops / Outerwear
1. Mustard Yellow Sleeveless V-neck Blouse
2. Sleeveless Lace Gray Utility Top (similar)
3. Navy Striped Sleeveless Blouse (similar)
4. Balloon Chiffon Tank Top
5. Sevenly Black Racerback ($7 of your purchase goes to a new cause each week!)
6. Chambray Shirt (similar)
7. Patagonia nano-puff jacket
Shoes & Accessories:
15. Swim Suit 1 top and 2 bottoms
16. Sunglasses (borrowed from a friend. I’m still trying to find the perfect sunnies.)
17. Wide Brim Black Hat (similar)
18. Multi-pocket Canvas Tote
19. Sanuk yoga spree thong sandals
20. Black Running Shoes / Sneakers
21. Wedge sandals (similar)
23. Bras (5)
24. Underwear (11, 1 for everyday plus one extra)
25. Socks (5)
26. Toiletries / Beauty Bag (will post on this later)
29. Phone & Portable USB Phone Charger
30. Camera Body + 3 Lenses (35mm/1.4L, 16-35mm/2.8L, and 70-200mm/2.8L)
Day 1 Travel Day to Athens & Day 2 Exploring Athens
Day 3 Full Day Trip Exploring Delphi
Day 4 Exploring the Athens Marketplace and ruins. Second outfit for our nice dinner of the trip.
Day 5 Transfering to and exploring Mykonos & Day 6 Exploring Mykonos and Mykonos Beaches
Day 7 Relax until Afternoon Ferry to Santorini & Day 8 Explore Fira
Day 9 Explore Oia
Day 10 Travel Home
A few lessons I’ve learned in hindsight (because we all make mistakes along the way):
- Even though we checked weather beforehand, going to Greece in late September meant it was moderately hot in Athens and Mykonos, but windy and chilly in Santorini. Pack layers and get plenty of beach time in Mykonos because Santorini was too cold for a swim.
- The outfit choices were perfect for this trip, but I wish I did some rearranging. For example, switching days 6 and 8 outfits had I known that donkey riding is very popular in Fira.
- Do not wear sandals if you are going down to the Port in Fira unless you take the cable car. You will be stepping on tons of donkey poo on the way down. My flip flops are RIP in Greece. Good thing I have replacement sanuks (I always buy double of something I love).
- We also brought the 50mm/1.2L lens but didn’t use it at all, so I didn’t include it in my packing list
- We also brought our waterproof phone case, but didn’t end up using it because we didn’t snorkel at all. I would recommend bringing it if you plan on snorkeling / diving during your trip.