This is my last recipe I’m posting for 2013. I’ve finally completed one of my 2013 goals to cook 12 new recipes this past year! This banana bread pudding recipe was from the cookbook scrapbook that my girlfriends made me as a wedding present.
Not Yo Mama’s Banana Bread Pudding Recipe (from Paula Dean)
- 2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
- 6 to 8 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
- Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies.
- Layer bananas on top.
- Combine the cream cheese and condensed milk and mix until smooth.
- Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and blend well.
- Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas
- Cover with the second bag of remaining cookies.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Have you guys tried any of the recipes I’ve posted? What are your thoughts so far?
I do a recipe a month, and you can check out some of the others if you click on the banner below: