I’m always looking for new easy chicken recipes that are easy to cook for 2. Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks was another recipe that my friend, Carol, tested out first. I got to be her guinea pig while I was in Atlanta. I loved it and decided to make this for my April recipe in my 13 in 2013.
Balsamic Chicken Drumsticks | Easy Chicken Recipes (adapted from everyday italian)
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary or 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 3 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley or 1/8 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, rosemary, and garlic cloves in a large, re-sealable plastic bag.
- Shake the contents of the bag until the honey and brown sugar is dissolved.
- Add the chicken drumsticks to the bag, and seal with as little air as possible. Place in the refrigerator and marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place the chicken drumsticks on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the skin is caramelized and very dark in spots. About 30 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the marinade in a small saucepan and bring to a boil to kill bacteria.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until marinade thickens.
- When the chicken is fully cooked, brush some of the cooked marinade on the chicken with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and the chopped parsley. Serve!
- Apparently 1 teaspoon of dried equals 1 tablespoon of fresh herbs, but since I like my food extra flavorful, I just halved the measurements from fresh herbs to dried herbs.
- I mixed the marinade in a large bowl and kept mixing the sauce into the chicken. I don’t particularly like shaking and baking, so sometimes I can be stubborn about doing things the hard way.
What’s your favorite chicken recipe? If you have any easy chicken recipes, please share! :)