I was thinking summer would last a lot longer in Vegas, but apparently not! The nights are already getting chilly, so I’m re-evaluating my current wardrobe for project 333 and putting together my fall capsule wardrobe. A couple things I’ve learned already from my first go at Project 333:
- You need to make sure you have enough shoes that will be versatile and for every kind of occasion. Though I hoped it would work out, my flip flops and wedges did not go with every outfit.
- If a piece can’t be made into at least 2 or 3 different outfits, it’s better to go with something else.
FALL CAPSULE WARDROBE (33 PIECES FOR 3 MONTHS):
1. Plain White Tee
2. Mustard Yellow Sleeveless V-neck Blouse
3. Sleeveless Lace Gray Utility Top (similar)
4. Navy Striped Sleeveless Blouse (similar)
5. Red Graphic Sweatshirt from Target (similar in gray)
6. Sevenly Black Racerback ($7 of your purchase goes to a new cause each week!)
7. Gray Striped Crewneck
8. Black V-Neck Tee
9. Chambray Shirt (similar)
Shoes & Accessories:
26. Multi-pocket Canvas Tote
27. Brown Knee High Boots (similar)
28. Afghan Scarf from my friend in Afghanistan (similar)
29. Wide Brim Black Hat (similar)
30. Gold Keds (similar)
31. Sanuk yoga spree thong sandals
32. Black Ballet Flats (similar)
33. Chanel caviar classic flap bag
FIRST 3 STEPS OF PROJECT 333:
- Pick out 33 pieces that you can live, work, and play in for 3 months. Check!
- Pack away all other clothes and put it out of sight. Check!
- After 3 months, donate what you don’t need, take inventory of the rest, & start over.
I’ve already had to switch out a few items for my summer capsule wardrobe, so I’m giving myself a couple weeks before fully committing. Everything else is packed away, so I’m not making it super easy to switch out items constantly… but I definitely need the grace period. I’m going to be optimistic and say I think I’m going to do better this round! :)