I thought summer would last much longer in Vegas, but no! The nights are already getting chilly, so I’m re-evaluating my current wardrobe for project 333 and putting together my fall capsule wardrobe. Here are a couple of things I’ve learned already from my first go at Project 333:
- You need to make sure you have enough shoes that will be versatile and for every kind of occasion. Though I hoped it would work out, my flip-flops and wedges did not go with every outfit.
- If a piece can’t be made into at least 2 or 3 different outfits, it’s better to go with something else.
FALL CAPSULE WARDROBE (33 PIECES FOR 3 MONTHS)
Fall Capsule Wardrobe Tops
- Perfect Tee in white, black, and gray
- White V-Neck
- Off-white Silk Blouse
- Grey Cashmere Sweater
- Mustard Yellow Sleeveless V-neck Blouse
- Sleeveless Lace Gray Utility Top (similar)
- Navy Striped Sleeveless Blouse
- Red Graphic Sweatshirt from Target (similar in gray)
- Chambray Shirt (similar)
- Adventure Shorts in Sage
- All-weather Denim – it’s waterproof and great for exploring the city in the rain.
- Black legging pants
- Red legging pants
- Two-toned black harem pants
- Black faux leather shorts
- Purple Pleated Skirt (similar)
- Black Foundation Wrap Dress
- Blue T-shirt Dress
- Black Cozy Sweatshirt Dress
- Emerald Zip Neckline Dress (similar)
- White lace dress (similar)
- Chambray Dress (similar)
- Red striped jersey dress (similar)
- Denim Jacket
- Black dolman sleeve cardigan wrap
- Black Casual Every Day Jacket
- Patagonia nano-puff jacket
Shoes & Accessories
- Multi-pocket Canvas Tote
- Brown Knee High Boots (similar)
- Afghan Scarf from my friend in Afghanistan (similar)
- Wide Brim Black Hat (similar)
- Gold Keds (similar)
- Sanuk yoga spree thong sandals
- Black Ballet Flats (similar)
- Chanel caviar classic flap bag
FIRST 3 STEPS OF PROJECT 333
- Pick out 33 pieces that you can live, work, and play in for 3 months. Check!
- Pack away all other clothes and put them out of sight. Check!
- After 3 months, donate what you don’t need, take inventory of the rest, & start over.
I’ve already had to switch out a few items for my summer capsule wardrobe, so I’m giving myself a couple of weeks before fully committing. Everything else is packed away, so I’m not making it super easy to switch out items constantly… but I definitely need the grace period. I will be optimistic and say I think I will do better this round! :)