After doing the 100 days of less challenge at the beginning of the year, I thought the next step would be to jump into another minimalism challenge. I picked Project 333 and had been loosely practicing since. Because we travel so much, I have to work with a limited capsule wardrobe anyways, but for whatever reason, I had such a hard time wanting to commit fully. :P
The concept of Project 333 is that you pick out 33 pieces of everyday clothing, shoes, and accessories to wear for 3 months. This excludes undergarments, PJs, sentimental pieces of jewelry you never take off, or anything you wear for specific purposes like recreational clothes and gear.
Well, I’m giving it a try fo’real. Can you tell I’m all about dresses in the summer?
Project 333 – Summer Capsule Wardrobe
- Perfect Tee in white, black, and gray
- White V-Neck
- Mustard Yellow Sleeveless V-neck Blouse
- Semi-sheer white blouse (similar)
- Chambray Shirt (similar)
- Feather Print Loose Tee
- Sevenly Dreamer Mint Racerback
- Splendid Colorblock Stripe Henley Top (avail in black and white)
- Adventure Shorts in Sage
- Uniqlo gray legging jeans
- Uniqlo white legging pants
- Semi-sheer white maxi skirt with double slits (similar)
- Black faux leather shorts
- Gray Sailor Shorts
- Charcoal high-waist denim shorts (similar)
- Black Foundation Wrap Dress
- Blue T-shirt Dress
- White lace dress (similar)
- Navy striped jersey dress (similar)
- Red striped jersey dress (similar)
- Black maxi tube dress (similar)
- Grey maxi tube dress (similar)
- Patagonia nano-puff jacket
- Black dolman sleeve cardigan wrap
- Black Casual Every Day Jacket
- Patagonia Capilene 4 expedition weight zip hoody
Shoes and Accessories
- Wedge sandals (similar)
- White leather thong sandal
- Sanuk yoga spree thong sandals
- Natural straw hat (similar)
- Tan leather belt
- Chanel caviar classic flap bag
- Multi-pocket canvas tote
You can shop this look here
It’s much easier to mix and match if you’re also using mostly neutral pieces and also makes it less noticeable when you wear the same things repeatedly, but I can’t help that I love color! The first week or two will be a trial-and-error period. If I find myself not using certain items and needing something else, I can replace them as I see fit. But afterward, you gotta commit! Technically the 3 months should be during one season to make it easier. Depending on the weather in Vegas, I may or may not switch over to a fall capsule wardrobe before my first 3 months is up. Wish me luck!
FIRST 3 STEPS OF PROJECT 333:
- Pick out 33 pieces that you can live, work, and play in for 3 months. Check!
- Pack away all other clothes and put them out of sight. Check!
- After 3 months, donate what you don’t need, take inventory of the rest, & start over!