Ever since seeing monster bookmarks on pinterest, I’ve been meaning to make some of my own. Afterall, doing one pinterest project a month was one of my 14 in 2014 goals. Seeing how I’ve only managed 2 so far, this is the month I am on hyper gear with 10 DIY projects. Yikes.
I decided I would do something fun with the corner bookmarks and make some Big Hero 6 characters since we just watched the movie over the weekend. I made Baymax with and without his suit, Hiro, and Fredzilla! Whee! :) How do you think they turned out?
What You Need:
- Color Cardstock Paper (I used yellow, red, blue, white, and black)
- Pencil / Pen (optional if you decide to fold instead)
- Hole puncher for the eyes
- Glue Stick
- Black Sharpie (for Fred / Fredzilla’s eyes)
Step by Step Photo Directions on How to Make a Corner Bookmark:
1. Cut out a square 4×4 in (10×10 cm). Draw or fold lines shown below and cut out the shaded parts.
2. Fold both tabs down, and glue one onto the other. Doesn’t matter which one.
3. Cut out your own embellishments and glue them on.
Then we made some regular ones just for fun!
Martha Stewart ain’t got nothin on me! Might be sending some of these out in my upcoming Lovely Letters package, so if you get one, please still act surprised! :)
Since Jacob is a movie buff, I thought he should share his thoughts on the movie.
Jacob’s Big Hero 6 Review:
Big Hero 6 was a fun movie, and I’m hoping that Disney will take more of the Marvel properties and add their magic into it. Although you do connect with Hiro, Baymax is easily the star of the movie. He’s the one that makes you smile, laugh, cry, and who you cheer for. Without giving away any spoilers, the movie has a solid story line, fun action, and beautiful graphics.