This was my third new recipe I learned for my 13 in 2013. A friend of mine had made these cheesecake filled strawberries as finger food for her little boy’s birthday party a month ago, and everyone loved them. I could not stop eating them myself because they were so addicting. When we were throwing our housewarming party last weekend, I decided to try it out myself, and it was a party favorite. It’s only 5 ingredients and simple enough for even me to make. Don’t you love easy party finger food?
Cheesecake Filled Strawberries Recipe | Easy Party Finger Food
- 1 lb large strawberries
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened (can use 1/3 less fat)
- 6 Tbsp powdered sugar (3-4 for less sweet)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- graham cracker crumbs (1 graham cracker is sufficient)
- After rinsing strawberries, cut the top and clean out with a paring knife. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add cream cheese mix to a piping bag (or ziploc with the corner cut off).
- Fill strawberries with cheesecake mixture.
- Once strawberries are filled, dip the top in graham cracker crumbs or sprinkle crumbs over the strawberries.
- Optional: Slice bottoms if you want them to stand upright
Few notes / changes I made:
- The original recipe can be found here and on pinterest.
- We ended up using a lot more powdered sugar because the strawberries were not sweet.
- We bought two regular sized packages of strawberries and did not need to purchase extra ingredients for the filling.