It’s been a while since we’ve looked for a photographer’s backpack. We’ve mainly focused on traveling light and minimal, and our flashpack has been our go-to bag. However, lately we’ve been going on so many more photo adventures (= carrying more camera gear), and we needed to find something a little more heavy-duty.
Here are the things that we love and some things we hope they improve in future models:
- Solid padding and support to carry lots of weight. The waist belt is also removable in case you’re carrying a lighter load and don’t need the support.
- Removable accessory case perfect for hard drives, cables, and cords.
- Built-in rain cover at the bottom of the bag.
- Easily accessible flaps for memory cards (that I use for my G7X batteries).
- There are compressions straps that help you attach it to a roller bag when traveling.
ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT:
- The laptop section is in the front which makes it front heavy. It’s fine when you fill it up with all your camera gear, but when the bag is not as full, it doesn’t have great balance.
- You still have to unzip the entire front to access the insides. I would love to see a bag like this that also has easy side access.
- Unfortunately, LowePro screams camera bag, which means it will be targeted by thieves. This isn’t anything LowePro can change, but I would put a patch over the logo when traveling.
- Internal Dimensions: 29 x 11.5 x 39.5 cm (11.42 x 4.53 x 15.55 in)
- External Dimensions: 31.5 x 14 x 46 cm (12.40 x 5.51 x 18.11 in)
- Weight: 2.43 kg (5.35 lbs)
- Storage (Fits): DSLR with attached lens (such as Canon 5D Mark III with up to 70-200mm), 4-5 extra lenses or speedlights, up to a 13″ laptop, 10″ tablet, plus Wacom type tablet, large smartphone, pro tripod, and accessories.
Also, check out our camera gear guide for bloggers if you’re looking into improving your photography for your blog.
What do you look for in a photography backpack?
What do you use as a camera bag/backpack?
We reached out to Lowepro and received this bag to facilitate this review.
All photos (except the inside of backpack provided by LowePro), text, and opinions are our own.
Thank you for supporting the brands that make Local Adventurer possible.