After doing the 100 days of less challenge at the beginning of the year, I thought the next step would be to jump into another minimalism challenge. I had picked Project 333 and had been loosely practicing since. Because we travel so much, I have to work with a limited capsule wardrobe anyways, but for whatever reason I had such a hard time wanting to commit fully. :P
The concept of Project 333 is that you pick out 33 pieces of everyday clothing, shoes, and accessories to wear for 3 months. This excludes undergarments, pjs, sentimental pieces of jewelry you never take off, or anything that you wear for specific purposes like recreational clothes and gear.
Well, I’m giving it a try fo’real. Can you tell I’m all about dresses in the summer?
These are my 33 for my SUMMER CAPSULE WARDROBE:
1. Mustard Yellow Sleeveless V-neck Blouse
2. Semi sheer white blouse (similar)
3. Sleeveless Lace Gray Utility Top (similar)
4. Navy Striped Sleeveless Blouse (similar)
5. Feather Print Loose Tee
6. Sevenly Black Racerback ($7 of your purchase goes to a new cause each week)
7. Sevenly Dreamer Mint Racerback
8. Splendid Colorblock Stripe Henley Top (avail in black and white)
9. Two-toned black harem pants
10. Uniqlo gray legging jeans
11. Uniqlo white legging pants
12. Semi sheer white maxi skirt with double slits (similar)
13. Black faux leather shorts
14. Express gray sailor button up shorts (similar)
15. Charcoal high waist denim shorts (similar)
16. Black and gray lace dress (similar in black only)
17. White lace dress (similar)
18. Navy striped jersey dress (similar)
19. Red striped jersey dress (similar)
20. Navy Confetti Dress
21. Black maxi tube dress (similar)
22. Grey maxi tube dress (similar)
Shoes and Accessories:
27. Wedge sandals (similar)
28. White leather thong sandal
29. Sanuk yoga spree thong sandals
30. Natural straw hat (similar)
31. Tan leather belt
32. Chanel caviar classic flap bag
33. Multi-pocket canvas tote
You can shop this look here:
It’s much easier to mix and match if you’re also using mostly neutral pieces and also makes it less noticeable when you wear the same things repeatedly, but I can’t help that I love color! The first week or two will be a trial and error period. If I find myself not using certain items and needing something else, I can replace them as I see fit. But afterwards, you gotta commit! Technically the 3 months should be during one season to make it easier. Depending on the weather in Vegas, I may or may not switch over to a fall capsule wardrobe before my first 3 months is up. Wish me luck!
FIRST 3 STEPS OF PROJECT 333:
- Pick out 33 pieces that you can live, work, and play in for 3 months. Check!
- Pack away all other clothes and put it out of sight. Check!
- After 3 months, donate what you don’t need, take inventory of the rest, & start over!