This week I’m keeping my gratitude as short and sweet as possible. I’m trying to get a little ahead since we’ll be in LA for eight days starting this Friday for two conferences. Jacob’s speaking at the Jubilee Project Conference, and we’re hanging out by the Thirst Project dunk tank at Vidcon. Find us there!
This week I wanted to highlight how much I’ve liked living in our apartment complex. I’m not sure if this is common among apartments, but they do a good job of ensuring all the tenants feel appreciated with special events throughout the year. We got snow cones this week!
For Valentine’s Day, they handed out cupcakes at the gate as we drove in telling us it was resident appreciation day.
We don’t like walking on the sidewalk, because it takes us three times as long and usually cut through the rocks to get straight to our front door. One day I came home to find this:
The maintenance guy noticed we were cutting through, and I think he made a little pathway. So nice of him! They’re also super responsive and quick about getting things fixed for us. haha I should work here! It’s the little things that go a long way. I’m thankful for everyone who works at the complex to keep things running.
Since they’ve been so awesome, here are some ideas if you’re currently managing an apartment complex or a resident but want to show gratitude to your neighbors.
Resident Appreciation Week Ideas
- Throw a BBQ or block party.
- Organize a movie night with snacks and drinks.
- Host a breakfast/brunch.
- Hand out complimentary coffee for those going into the office.
- A game night.
- Offer complimentary yoga or alternative fitness classes.
- Start a community garden.
- Give out a small gift at the gate. We prefer desserts, snacks, or something edible.
Other gratitudes for the week:
- Been seeing decent improvement in piano. I’m on page 4 of this, and I’m excited! Eight more pages to go.
- Got back from camping in Sequoia and saw the three largest trees in the world! That’s pretty mindblowing.
- I found a Fitbit at the REI used sale for $21, and was pretty much brand new. Wanna be pals?
- Got to shoot an AR-15 for the first time in the desert. That was fun. *crazy eyes*
- Started a new link-up a couple of weeks ago, and people are linking up. Yay! Thanks, ya’ll!
How has your week been? What’s on your plate?
This is week 40 of practicing gratitude. 12 more weeks left! See other gratitude posts here.
This Post Has 8 Comments
Man I love your apartment complex. They’re pretty awesome. I never lived at a place that was this friendly!
:) You should come move here!!!
Those snowcones look good :) That is so nice of your maintenance guy!
I know right?? So thoughtful of him (I don’t know why I completely missed the comments on this post).
OOOOH, snowcones!! And that’s so awesome to live at an apartment complex that’s so well managed and that tries to create community and a good spirit between the people who live there. Those are such “small” things, but they are great surprises that can really make someone’s day! YAY!
Agreed! You should come live in our apt if you move here!! :D
Yay for snow cones + cupcakes! :)
:) They treat us so well!