Welcome to the Local Adventurer Link Up #8. The purpose of this weekly link up is to foster gratitude for the place you live, show others great local experiences that they might never find as a tourist, and to inspire others to explore and be present wherever they are. Our local adventure this week is at an outdoor Las Vegas Shooting Range!
DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT OF SEEKING NEW LANDS BUT SEEING WITH NEW EYES.
I always thought that when people talked about shooting guns in the desert, they just took their guns and drove out to some random location to do it. I had no idea there were actual outdoor gun ranges in the desert where people generally go to for target practice.
Shooting guns is especially popular in Las Vegas / Nevada, because it’s one of the few states where it’s legal to shoot semi automatic weapons. We shot an AR-15 for the first time! Thanks Kyle and Will for teaching me how! :) One of our friends also has an AK, so we can’t wait to go out and shoot with it!
See more photos on facebook.
Tips and Rules for going to a Outdoor Las Vegas Shooting Range:
- If you own your own guns, check out the Las Vegas Shooting Areas Map via NevadaShooters
- If you don’t, there are plenty of indoor and outdoor ranges in Las Vegas that do rentals.
- Be sure to check out the laws on shooting out in the desert. (didn’t seem like many people followed the rules where we went, but it’s still good to be respectful and not trash the land.)
LOCAL ADVENTURER LINK UP RULES
1. Share a post about a local adventure either in your own hometown or within driving distance. Unrelated entries or ones linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so that others can join in on the fun! Feel free to use the button below if you like!
<div align="center"><a href="http://estherandjacob.com/tag/local-adventures" title="Local Adventurer" target="_blank"><img src="https://localadventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Local-Adventurer_1x.jpg" width="250" alt="Local Adventurer" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY you MUST visit the person’s blog linked up directly before you and leave them a comment on their blog post.
4. If you tweet out your local adventure post with #localadventurer, I will retweet your link!
See our other Las Vegas local adventures here. :)