Looking for ideas for theme parties for adults? These are our favorites. We love any excuse to dress up, so we’ve done many of them.
This is the second year going through a big transition the month of my birthday, and with my closest friends scattered in different cities, I’ve been feeling a bit homesick and missing the old days when we were all together in one place.
Jacob, knowing this, put together a surprise video so that my family and friends could wish me a happy birthday. I saw the video first thing in the morning, and I was on the verge of tears. I probably would have cried if Jacob wasn’t around. I’m thankful that they took the time to surprise me that way! I know it was especially difficult for those who hate being in front of the camera. I’m going to watch it every time I’m feeling a little sad!
It was the sweetest gift and reminded me that I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. Long-distance relationships are always hard, but I’m grateful that they take the time out of their busy lives to skype / google hangout with me, send me snail mail, and keep up with me via facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. I know social media can be a timesuck, but it has also been such a blessing to be able to keep in touch that way.
Theme Parties for Adults Ideas
- Pick a Letter of the Alphabet – We picked B last minute and went to the store to pick up everything that started with the letter B.
- Decades (20s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, etc) – we did a 80s rollerskating night.
- Adult Prom – whether you enjoyed your actual prom or not, you can remake the whole experience as an adult. We got dressed up, rented a limo, went to Cheesecake Factory, and hosted a dance party.
- Beer Tasting or Wine Tasting
- Murder Mystery
- Casino Night
- 1920s Speakeasy
- Hollywood Red Carpet – my gfs set a premiere for my bridal shower since our wedding was a musical theme.
- International Food Night
- Karaoke Night – All our friends dressed up as their favorite singer.
- Comic Book/Superhero/TV Character
- Game Night with everyone dressed up as their favorite character. We did this in 2021.
- Safari Themed – we all dressed up as animals, and some went the extra mile and did face painting.
- Tiki Bar
Jacob also put together a last-minute themed party with the three B’s: bowties, beer, and bundt cakes! :) Wait, birthday, so four B’s! He is amazing. I’m so grateful for everything he did to make me feel special and for our new friends in Vegas who helped host and celebrate my birthday with me. They are the nicest people. See? I don’t hate ALL youtubers!
The winner of the best (handmade) bowtie is…
Karaoke is now on a new level when you have professional back up dancers! Instagram vid is courtesy of maryerika. Thanks all for making it such a fun and memorable night!
AND, last but not least, I’m so thankful for YOU who took the time to leave me comments on my blog wishing me happy birthday. You guys made my day! I couldn’t have asked for a better birthday. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
What is something that makes you feel loved? What’s your love language? I wanna know! If you don’t know what I mean, read the book or skim it!
I know I was supposed to write a different gratitude post this week, but I wanted to first show my appreciation to all the wonderful people in my life. This is week 24 of practicing gratitude on my blog. You can see all my other gratitude posts here.