We are always looking for better and more compact ways to pack.
- When we buy our clothes, we make sure it’s lightweight and can pack small.
- We find versatile pieces of clothing so that we can pack less overall.
- We compress! (keeping in mind we want things organized and easy to access)
In the past, we’ve used space saver bags and packing cubes, but both have their limitations. Space saver bags are great at compressing your clothes, but you need multiple bags if you want to have any sort of organization for your clothes. Packing cubes help organize, but unfortunately they don’t do as much in terms of compression.
When we stumbled across the Hoboroll, we were really excited that it’s built similar to a compression sack, but is divided into 5 segments to keep everything organized!
Here’s an example of how Jacob would pack it for a 4-day camping trip:
- 1 jacket (Patagonia Nano Puff Jacket)
- 4 pairs of socks (Smart Wool Socks)
- 4 pairs of boxer briefs (ExOfficio Give-N-Go Boxer Briefs)
- 3 long sleeve shirts (Patagonia Capilene 2)
- 1 convertible pant (Columbia Silver Ridge Convertible Pants)
- 1 pair of shorts (Myles)
- 4 tees (Patagonia T-Shirt)
- 1 pack towel (PackTowl Ultralite Towel)
Can you tell we love our patagonia? All of this fit and there was still some room for more!
It’s great because you can throw it into any bag too. It fits well in either of our Osprey Backpacks or we can toss it in Jacob’s weekend bag. If you’re looking just to carry the Hoboroll on it’s own, you can also attach a shoulder strap to it.
The only downside we’ve found so far is that the round shape can be awkward if you’re packing it into a suitcase. You just have to pack around it. As we continue to use it, we’ll let you know if we have any other feedback.
If this looks like a good packing solution for you, you can pick one up right here.
How do you organize and pack your clothes?
Do you use anything to save space in your luggage?