Welcome to the Local Adventurer Link Up #10. The purpose of this link up is to:
- foster gratitude for the place you live (every city / town has its gems)
- show others great local experiences that they might never find as a tourist
- inspire others to explore and be present wherever they are
This Week’s Local Adventure: Shark Feeding at the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay
We fed sharks for this week’s local adventure!! The Animal Encounters Program at the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay included a behind the scenes tour of the aquarium, a shark feeding, photos of us feeding sharks, and admission into the aquarium. It was an incredible experience! If you missed the full post, see more photos and learn more about it here. You can also book your feeding here.
Featured Local Adventurer: Team Wiking
I’ve decided to make this a monthly link up instead of weekly, and it will be every first Thursday of the month! :) When the link up was combined with our own local adventure, I felt like there was way too much going on in one post. Then when I separated it out, it seemed like there wasn’t enough. Maybe I’m just being nit-picky, but I wanted to change things up again since I wasn’t 100% happy the format.
After this week, the next one will be September 4th! I’ll send an email reminder out to those who have already participated in the past. I’m really grateful for everyone who has linked up the past 9 weeks.
Since this is the last weekly link up, I also want to thank Hsiao, Shannon, Emily, and Mariah for regularly contributing. :) You guys are the best! Will definitely be featuring them on future link ups.
LOCAL ADVENTURER LINK UP RULES
1. Share a post about a local adventure either in your own hometown or within driving distance or you can share a round-up of your favorite local adventures by other bloggers. Unrelated entries or ones linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so that others can join in on the fun! Feel free to use the button below if you like!
<div align="center"><a href="http://estherandjacob.com/tag/local-adventures" title="Local Adventurer" target="_blank"><img src="http://localadventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Local-Adventurer_1x.jpg" width="250" alt="Local Adventurer" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY you MUST visit the person’s blog linked up directly before you and leave them a comment on their blog post.
4. If you tweet out your local adventure post with #localadventurer, I will retweet your link!