I can’t believe it’s been 4 years since I started this blog! The first few years I would casually post travelogues here and there, but starting last year I gave myself a schedule and diligently put up content at least once a week. A huge challenge at the time, but now I’m posting almost 4-5x a week!
Crazy, right? I’ve never celebrated a blogiversary before, so this will be a first!
First of all, I’m grateful and honored that you are spending part of your day reading this. We never really thought this blog would go beyond reaching friends and family. Last month, this little blog of ours surpassed 20,000 monthly views. I can’t even believe it! I know this might be an incredibly big number for some or an incredibly small number for others, but we’re blown away.
Some of our favorite posts of all time:
- 52 Dates a Year Challenge Update and 17 Creative Date Ideas for You
- Adopting a Growth Mindset
- 4 Valuable Lessons in Marriage Learned in Year 4
If you’re a new reader, check out our most popular, most pinned, and our personal top 10 here.
3 Things I’ve Learned from Blogging:
- Reach out to other bloggers. Comment on their blogs and check out different facebook or pinterest blogger groups. I’ve met some amazing bloggers and found an incredible community while I lived in new and unfamiliar cities.
- Don’t be afraid to be vulnerable. There were many times I wrote a post and wondered whether I should hit the publish button. And after I did, I spent the whole day wondering if I should take it down. In hindsight, I’m so glad I shared, because those were the times that others also opened up to me and gave me the best feedback.
- Make a schedule and try to stick with it. This helps readers know what to expect, and a big plus is that I no longer have to worry about what to post next.
Our 4 Year Blogiversary Giveaway:
To celebrate our 4 year blogiversary and to thank you guys, I’m giving away the Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers (Limited Edition), which features 8 of their most popular bronzers:
|1. Chocolate Soleil||5. Pink Leopard (which I currently use)|
|2. Milk Chocolate Soleil||6. Beach Bunny|
|3. Snow Bunny||7. Endless Summer|
|4. Bronzed & Poreless||8. Sun Bunny|
It’s no longer available in stores, so it might be your last chance to grab it now! :) US residents only.