We’re always looking for new, unique experiences in town, and I was excited to check out The Pearl Dive-In Theatre. The Dive-In Theatre is a free weekly movie social held at the hotel’s pool. Can you imagine watching Jaws while floating in the water? 😱
Jacob was out of town, so Mariah and I decided to have a girls night out. Since the weather was still cold, we didn’t end up using the pool, but we enjoyed the movie at the restaurant with our meal instead. We had a few drinks and ordered a few appetizers to share. We really enjoyed the brussel sprouts and oysters, and the pork was cooked really well.
I really loved the laid back feel of the whole experience, and it made for a fun change to how we normally watch movies. Jacob and I want to visit when the weather warms up, so we can get the full experience!
- Although there are some seats available for walk-ins, make a reservation to guarantee your seating. You can call the restaurant directly at 619.226.6100 to so.
- If you’re sitting in the restaurant, be sure to ask for a poolside seat.
- If you’re going on a warm evening, bring your swim suit so you can hop in the swimming pool. The pool is open to hotel guests for free and to the public with a drink purchase.
- During cool evenings, they have heat lamps on the patio that keep you warm.
- Food is served until 10PM and the bar is open until 11PM.
- See their movie schedule here.
The Pearl Hotel
1410 Rosecrans Street
San Diego, CA 92106
Have you ever been to a dive-in movie?