[UPDATE] I’m hosting my first LOCAL ADVENTURER link-up (see bottom of post). The purpose of this link-up is:
- to foster gratitude for the place you live
- to show others great local experiences that they might never find as a tourist
- to inspire others to explore and be present wherever they are
DISCOVERY CONSISTS NOT OF SEEKING NEW LANDS BUT SEEING WITH NEW EYES.
We went back to First Friday Las Vegas as a local this time for one of our 52 dates a year and took some day time photos to add to an old post.
First Friday Las Vegas is an art walk / art festival that they have in downtown Vegas once a month. We’ve been to Vegas a lot and 99% of the time we’re on the strip. It was nice to see a very different side of Vegas than we’re used to. It’s obviously for the locals and you really a get a feel for what it’s like to be a Vegas native. We really didn’t know what life was like for them outside of the strip.
I like this! My dad has a ton of unused tapes, so I might try this myself.
I much prefer these art walks in the evening. Feels so much nicer out without the scorching sun. Also, we kept forgetting that in Vegas you can carry around beer and drinks in public. It’s a strange feeling but I could definitely get used to it!
They had these grape soda bottle cap pins like the one on UP. So wanted one of those!
There was a half pipe, and then graffiti artists working on their art right next to it.
Loved the vibe of the whole place. I even picked up some vintage post cards so I can snail mail my friends back on the east coast. :)
I would recommend checking it out if you’re in Vegas! We definitely will whenever we have the chance.
First Friday Las Vegas Art Walk
Location: Casino Center Blvd in between Colorado St and California St (Arts district of DTLV)
Date: Every first friday of the month
If you’d like to find out more info about the event, check out their website.
LOCAL ADVENTURER LINK UP RULES
1. Share your most recent post about a local adventure either in your own hometown or within driving distance. This can be a new part of town you’ve been wanting to check out or even a new food spot! Unrelated entries or ones linked to your homepage will be deleted.
2. Link back to this site so that others can join in on the fun! Feel free to use the button below if you like!
<div align="center"><a href="http://estherandjacob.com/tag/local-adventures" title="Local Adventurers"><img src="http://localadventurer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Local-Adventurer_1x.jpg" width="250" height="206" alt="Local Adventurer" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
3. MOST IMPORTANTLY you MUST visit the person’s blog linked up directly before you and leave them a comment.
4. If you tweet out your local adventure post with #localadventurer I will retweet your link!
[inlinkz_linkup id=412946 mode=1]